Shared Groups Icon

Would it be possible to add the shared groups icon back into spark? The latest version of the client (1.1.2) removed them.

I think it’'s kind of nice to be able to differentiate between server controlled groups and client controlled groups.

Also, SPARK-228 doesn’'t seem to be working. I can open the Spark debug window to see if a presence packet is sent when I lock my workstation, and none are sent.

Thanks.

Hm… Havent noticed any difference between 1.1.1 and 1.1.2. What these icons looked like?

Take a look at this: http://www.jivesoftware.org/images/screenshots/spark/04.png

Notice the icon next to the “Jive Software” group but no others.

Would it be possible to add the shared groups icon

back into spark? The latest version of the client

(1.1.2) removed them.

Heh. We knew we’‘d be damned one way or the other. The consensus here at Jive was that the icon should go. We’'re open to feedback from others though.

Thanks,

Matt

Hey Matt,

I’'m not really hung up on the icon, but I think it would be nice to be able to tell the difference between groups.

Maybe a different bar color for shared groups?

O, i remember now As i didnt notice it got away so i probably dont care a lot about it. Well, isn’'t that easy to add some checkbox like “Show an icon for a shared groups” in Preferences? But probably JS are thinking that CHOICE is terrifying people Spark Preferences is looking very poor/minimalistic comparing to some other clients. Of course, one can extend that by installing (and writing?) number of plugins.