Sharing contacts with specific users

Hi,

I know you can share contact list group via enabling it in group editor but then contact list is showing up on every members list that’s in the group. My question is if there is a way to share a contact list with specific user account or specific group for example? I’m in situation where I don’t want all 200 users to have all my contact list in theirs only some users? Or maybe there is a way to filter the users who get the shared contact list group?

Thanks,

Regards

On the group’s sharing page you can select with what groups do you want to share (it doesn’t have to be All users). But you can share with a single user, only with groups.

Hi,

This is right but I don’t want all members of lets say “Group1” to see themselves when I enable group sharing and then select to share it via additional users to share with “Group2” and that’s what happens. It would make sense if there was a way to export a list of contacts to a file and then import it to another Spark user. My aim is for each user in the company to have it’s own contact list instead of them seeing all each other.

For now I have to add contacts manually for each Spark user in the head office of over 200 users in the branch offices which is a bit of pain.

Thanks,

Regards

There is no other option which maybe helpful to you i think. The only way to speed this up is probably by directly inserting roster items into database. Can’t help with that though, not a db guy.

Thanks for your help anyway!

Try the User service plugin

http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/plugins/userservice/readme.html

The readme may be out of date. check latest SVN. It supports groups