SIP plugin with bad and looping audio

I am impressed by the features of Openfire and Spark, but I have one major issue. SIP plugin users have poor audio quality and they get looping sound problems during the first call. The sound loops don’t go away until Spark is closed.

I have reproduced this error on a few computers with version 2.6.3. I decided to install version 2.5.8 to see if that would help, and it fixed the problem.

Is there a simple fix for this? I was reading this thread which seemed to describe the same issue: http://community.igniterealtime.org/thread/45213?tstart=30

How would someone go about changing the audio locator to dsound instead of javasound? If it requires source code editing and compiling, I’ll give it a shot, but I have never programmed with Java.

1 Like

It probably can be changed and recompiled, but this can be a tricky change, as you would also need to bring back JMF library and change all the hooks to seek for this library. It was removed due to licensing in favor of open source FMJ, but FMJ has some issues apparently (or to be correct Spark has issues with it). Other than recompiling it somehow yourself i don’t think it will be fixed soon. Not many developers here and nobody is working on audio issues.

Same issue here… I now this is an old thread, but did anyone find a fix for this? thanks