SIP/SIMPLE Gateway question

I am trying to setup the SIP/SIMPLE gateway and am getting the following error:

javax.sip.TransactionUnavailableException: sentBy does not match the sentby setting of the ListeningPoint 192.168.1.1:5062

at gov.nist.javax.sip.SipProviderImpl.getNewClientTransaction(SipProviderImpl.java :304)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.simple.SimpleSession.sendRequest(Si mpleSession.java:663)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.simple.SimpleSession.sendRequest(Si mpleSession.java:646)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.simple.SimpleSession.logIn(SimpleSe ssion.java:476)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.simple.SimpleTransport.registration LoggedIn(SimpleTransport.java:50)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:397)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:198)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager$RoutableComponent. process(InternalComponentManager.java:497)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.RoutingTableImpl.routePacket(RoutingTableImpl.jav a:234)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:163)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:69)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:75)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.processPresence(StanzaHandler.java: 321)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processPresence(ClientStanzaH andler.java:84)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:245)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:167)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:132)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:570)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:58)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:173)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :239)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:283)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:51)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Is there something that needs configured that I have overlooked?

Unfortunately it’s hard to say. =/ First off, what are you trying to use it with? (what product) I tested with OpenSER. I ran into a lot of problems configuring it and I really don’t know who all is using it so it’s been a hard one to debug/test.

Is anyone using the SIP/SIMPLE transport successfully?

I’ve tried both OpenSER and Asterisk.

Are you using stock openser, or did you configure the appropriate pieces for SIMPLE support? It was an odd series of events before I finally got it working and honestly, I don’t really remember what they were. =/

I’m trying to use the SIMPLE gateway with sip:iptel.org and sip:ekiga.net but it doesn’t seem to work.

Though the registration seems to work, the SIP gateway remains offline.

I tried also to register with an Asterisk server with presence enabled but unsuccessfully.

Would you please test the next SIMPLE gateway release against the Iptel SIP server (though I’m not sure they provide presence) or against the very great Sip2Sip one - but this one would require to allow to set more details about the SIP server since the credentials look like this :

Username: 123456789

Password: secret

Domain: sip2sip.info

Register with domain: Yes

Outboud Proxy: msp.sipthor.net

XCAP root to https://secure.dns-hosting.info/xcap-root@sip2sip.info///secure.dns-hosting.info/xcap-root@sip2sip.info/

Actually, it’d be great to have the ability to manage the SIP server settings on the Jabber client Service Discovery and hence to allow users to register and log on the SIP server of their choice.

And ideally, a SIP-SIMPLE/XMPP-Jingle gateway would be developed as a standalone component with full support for IM, Presence, Voice and Video.

I have a PSTN2SIP number at sip:freephonie.net (without Presence or IM) that I would gladly use with Openfire. Making XMPP/SIP-2-PSTN calls from my Jabber client would be really cool though. Because Asterisk has a poor IMPP support, I’m thinking to install OpenSER, and specially their XMPP-SIP gateway, but it doesn’t seem very easy to install, to configure and to manage. Having a better SIP/XMPP integration in Openfire would be great.

And perhaps, this would allow to build XMPP IMS IPTV architectures.

Cheers.

P.S.: And it’d be great to have the ability to monitor gateways sessions as it is possible with components ones.

1 Like