Smack questions

Hi I need to do the following and I will appreciate any clues…

1. A moderator will “enable” a previously created (via wildfire admin console) muc room, so participants can enter the room. Without this “activation” no participant should be able to enter the room. The purpose is to “close” the room when a moderator is not there. How do you think I should implement this kind of logic?

2. How can I read messages from “mucConversationLog” table? Is there a class that lets me do queries on this table? When does that table get cleared? Should I create my own data access classes, perhaps with hibernate, to access this table? I need to report the chat log in a given room for a given date.

Thanks,

–do

demir.ozcelik wrote:

1. A moderator will “enable” a previously created (via wildfire admin console) muc room, so participants can enter the room. Without this “activation” no participant should be able to enter the room. The purpose is to “close” the room when a moderator is not there. How do you think I should implement this kind of logic?

This option is called “Make Room Members-only” (so only registered users can join), and is accessible from XMPP clients that implement MUC properly, and the web interface. Make sure you disallow any user to register with the room after setup.

The room is already members only. However I need to close the room, even for the members, outside its scheduled “open” times.

Thanks.