Small issues when trying to use the connection manager

Hi,

I’‘ve been trying out the connection_manager, and I’'ve ran into a couple of small issues that might need a fix.

daemon script error 1[/b]

The third line in connection_manager/bin/extra/cmanagerd should read

CMD="./cmanager.sh $1"

instead of

CMD="./cmanager $1"

daemon script error 2[/b]

When executing /etc/init.d/cmanagerd stop the script tries to start another instance of the connection manager, instead of stopping the running one.

DNS SRV related oddity[/b]

Whatever name is specified in . This illustrates a more common error in Wildfire, where the terms ‘‘domain’’ and ‘‘server’’ or ‘‘hostname’’ are used interchangeable when they’'re actually not.

Won’'t work out of the box[/b]

In contrast as what the connection managers ssl-guide.html said, it wasn’'t running out of the box at my setup (brand new installation of both Wildfire 3.0.0. and the connection manager). I disabled all SSL checks to get it running the first time.

A more serious issue is that the reported IP address of the user is replaced by the IP address of the connection aggregator the user uses.

Guus wrote:

A more serious issue is that the reported IP address of the user is replaced by the IP address of the connection aggregator the user uses.

We do have plans to address this. One thing we want the connection manager to pass through is the IP address of the user connecting. This is planned for the next protocol rev.

Thanks,

Matt

The DNS SRV problem is fixed by JM-795