Solegy has a beta SIP Softphone plugin and would like your feedback

Solegy has a beta SIP Softphone plugin for Spark and would like your feedback. The plugin is based on the Open Source SIP softphone Software Developement Kit (SDK), and can be used with any 3rd party proxy or IP-PBX. To download the Plugin go to http://www.opensipstack.org/solegy/releases/sparkplug/070720/OssSparkPlugInstall er.msi. The Spark Plugin is a Java interface to the OSS SIP softphone. It will install the OSS SIP softphone and enable it to be run as an independent system daemon, controlled completely by the Spark user interface. The Spark Plugin can be installed on any MS Windows PC (Mac support will be coming soon). Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Joe Fanning (jfanning@solegy.com or 212.803.1724)

Hello Joseph,

I did a small test to have a comparison with the current (quite buggy) SIP client in Spark.

I currently found the following issue/cool features:

• the MSI does not install on my system complaining that Spark is not installed -> I bypassed the problem, by decompressing the MSI file and copying the JAR file directly on the plugin spark directory

• once the plugin starts and is initializated, the right click button on the contacts does not work anymore (very strange!)

• it’s not integrated with the SIP provisioning feature of OpenFire Enterprise. That means we would have to deploy manually the configuration for all the clients. This is not acceptable for us alas

• unlinke the Sparkembedded plugins for voice and sip, it’s possible to choose the Audio Device to use. This could solve a lot of the issues we have

This is everything for now, because due to the second bug I cannot really use it any longer and I have to revert to the Spark official plugin.

Cheers,

matteo