we are experiencing difficulties with our openfire server (3.7.1) running on a system with enough memory (2GB) and mainly 50-60 users logged in.
From time to time (every 3-4days) openfire is freezing with stderror.log entries:
Exception in thread “HouseKeeper” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread “pool-3-thread-1” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread “Prototyper” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Openfire’s server java process has 448.00 MB memory total with mostly 60-80% in use.
We alredy tried to
- raise the memory with -Xm option
- disable nearly every plugin
- use another java interpreter (1.5 and 1.6)
- use another machine (hardware)
- use another openfire version (3.6 and 3.7)
None did work - the freezes keep coming.
Anyone any suggestion?
Thanks for help!