Some bad news on naming

What about

“Liquidfire” or “Firecurrent”?

Pointing to the fact that information and communication is something that is always “in flow”.

A colleague suggested “Fieldwire”.

(Wich is a nice re-arrangement of the same letters, with a professional touch)

Keep up the good work,

cheers,

Andr??

(Director, Chief of Com)

How this issue will change Wildfire and Spark’s deployment roadmap ?

How about JiveFire? Old and new

BTW, dictionary.com has 2 alternative spellings on the origination of wildfire name: ME wildefire and OE wildfyr. There is also the leet w1ldf1re :stuck_out_tongue:

How about “maxim” - noun

A usually pithy and familiar statement expressing an observation or principle generally accepted as wise or true

which can be also be MaxIM or Max IM - its got that whole speed thing going.

or my new favourite “mixim” , “MiXiM” you can’t beat a good palindrome

Feugo! Spainish for fire.

Hey everyone,

Many thanks for the words of encouragement and support. I’ve been travelling to talk at the Internet Telephony conference (in Florida, but I’ll barely have time to go outside) so haven’t been able to reply earlier. I like a lot of the ideas people are posting and we’re adding several of them to our trademark search.

To address a few questions – the name change won’t affect the roadmap in any way. In fact, we’re still sprinting towards the next releases of both products and they’re shaping up to be very cool. Also, so far the Spark name is still ok.

Regards,

-Matt

Maxim is name of a magazine and they’d probably smack upside pretty hard

Maxim is probably a bad idea = http://www.maximsoftware.com/

On the same note… firestorm might be a bad choice too. http://www.firestormsoftware.com/

Planetfire appears to be free though…

I was thinking “IgnitionSource” playing off both the company name and the fact its open-source…

However, Firestorm is pretty sweet.

Backdraft too, but that seems likely to be taken in some form or another (aside from the movie, of course).

Bummer…

How about RPOWA , it is an acronym, for Really (tee’d) orr Wildfire Admins…

Seriously though, truly poor manners to whomever it is that holds the trademark seeing that they show up nowhere in the google search I just did.

“IM1” might be a thought. simple generic, but has a punch to it sortof…

Could be somethig like Jivesoftware’s Enterprise Offering IM1…

This isn’t a spark though, spark’s are tiny and don’t illuminate (Illuminii ??) anything… Wildfire’s do…

Nova

SuperNova

Nebula

Just trying to think of a ‘bright’ word/word grouping that might help.

Please release any and all of these comments with a BSD license as I give all claim to whomever wants them, and will not use my non-existant patent portfolio…

in the RPOWA section Imisspelled the word off, instead hitting my rr key and not proof-reading…

How about renaming wildfire to “Feuerfrei”?

Openfire maybe?

@Bob: Feuerfrei sounds awesome ! It reminds me a “popular” Rammstein song

When running a server, I generally prefer software which is controllable. Something exactly like Wildfire is not. In that light, I suggest:

Bonfire

“Feuerfrei” sounds very German, this reminds me of “??ber” or “uber” for for example UberFire.

/D, you are correct. The song you were thinking of is “Feuer frei!”, and it happened to be at the top of my playlist as I typed my post.

LG, you are also correct. Feuer Frei (or, the more hackrish “Feuerfrei”) literally translates to “Fire freely”.

I did a quick search on Google, and “Feuerfrei” appears to be pretty much open.