Some questions about LDAP mappings, etc

Hi. I’m using OpenFire 3.6.3 and Spark 2.5.8. Users are added via LDAP from a Microsoft Active Directory.

1. How do I get the full names to appear on the clients and in chats versus just the usernames?

You can see an example of what I mean here.

1. When I view a full profile for a client, the displayName LDAP attribute is mapped to the First Name (see this picture), but there is no where to configure this in the admin interface? The documentation mentions you can do this in openfire.xml, but it appears to be out of date since all this is handled in the database now (unless I have misunderstood something).

2. A similar issue appears to be occuring with XMPP search; I have added the FirstName and LastName LDAP attributes for employees to search for contacts, however these appear blank in client search. See this picture.

Thanks, and please let me know if you need more information.

This should be your vCard mappings:

{sn}{givenName}{mail}{displayName}{disp layName}image/jpeg{jpegPhoto}</P HOTO>{homePostalAddress}{ postOfficeBox}{l}{st}{post alCode}{c}{homePhone}</NU MBER>{telephoneNumber}{mobile}{pager}</NU MBER>{facsimileTelephoneNumber}{title}{wWWHomePage}{company}{department}

This should be your ldap.nameField: displayName

Hi Todd, my ldap.nameField is indeed set to displayName.

I pasted your vCard XML template however it displays the same behavior as the default template after I restared openfire. Is this information stored i a cache somewhere that I need to flush?

If you are manually adding users to a roster you have fallen prey to the spark bug where it does not pull the proper nickname info from LDAP. Shared groups will always display correctly. to fix this delete any manually added users, readd them and delete anything in the nickname field, and tab out of the nickname field before saving.