Source Available!

Hey all,

The source code is now available via CVS. Over the next week, we’'ll be working towards a binary release as well as adding nightly source snapshots, etc.

To check out from CVS:

pserver: jivesoftware.org/cvs-org

username: anonymous

password: anonymous

module: messenger

(the “smack” module is also available)

Warning: the code is NOT fully working yet. We’'re continuing to do large refactoring before the initial 2.0 release.

Also, I apologize that we’‘re a bit behind in replying to forum posts. We’'ve been working very hard on the code!

Best Regards,

Matt

Good news!

For me it only worked to check out with eclipse by typing:

Host: www.jivesoftware.org

Repository Path: /cvs-org

without the www it didn’'t work.

greetings

Message was edited by: guido

guido,

Strange you had to add www. I was a happy eclipse user until we moved to Java 1.5. Even with eclipse 3.1 M2 you won’‘t be able to compile Messenger since eclipse doesn’'t fully support 1.5 yet.

Regards,

– Gato

Great !

But, where can I find jive-messenger.xml for run server ?

WBR, Alex.

Indeed, i was able to check out messenger, but cant compile it on eclipse. But I wonder now what features of the still very young java 1.5 you have to depend on?

-guido

Indeed, i was able to check out messenger, but cant

compile it on eclipse. But I wonder now what features

of the still very young java 1.5 you have to depend

on?

So far, we’'re using generics and many of the new 1.5 classes such as ConcurrentHashMap. None of this is stricly necessary. However, we decided to require JDK 1.5 because of SASL support, SSLEngine, and improvements to NIO. All three of those things will be used by Messenger in the near future.

Regards,

Matt

Guido,

I remember that eclipse was having problems recognizing enums. The good news is that eclipse is making progress. I read that the Nightly Build for 10/22/04 can handle enums. Let me know how it goes if you want to take your chances with a Nightly Build!

Regards,

– Gato