Spam Emails/Private Messages!

Probably posted in the wrong place… but I figure that a Admin will see it regardless.

I"ve been a member on this forum for about a week, and have received 3 spam messages since then. – not cool. Please implement some kind of anti-bot-spam mechanism, like a Captcha or something for Private Messages. Here’s an example of the one I just received.

Hello Dear,

My name is Faith.I will like to be ur friend if you can write me direct to my email address at (faithfalli@yahoo.com) for easy communication so that we can know each other, I will give you my pictures and details about me upon hearing from you. Waiting for your response as I wish you all the blessing in life.

Yours new friend,

Faith

please

reply to (faithfalli@yahoo.com for immediate responds and not on this site for i will not always be here

Thanks Admins!

Username of the user, who have sent you this spam would be more helpful. This site is using Jive SBS system (provided by Jive Software). We can’t modify it and it has no anti-spam or spam reporting options for the private messages. So the only option is to report in the forums.

How do i find the username? All i have is the name that the Ignite Webmaster email says (which is the person’s registered name) and the name they signed their email (listed above) as.

Faith

– The last ones were from a user named favou.

contents of Favou’s emails:

Hello My Dear.

my name is Favouromuru i was browsing today, so i came across your profile on site it seams like some thing touched me, i started having some feelings in me which i have never experience in my life before, that is why i write to you, i will also like to know you the more, and i want you to send an email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.Here is my email address (favouromuru1@yahoo.com.sg)I believe we can move from here! Remember the distance or color does not matter but love matters a lot in life) Am waiting for your immediate response i love you with faith and trust.

Miss FavouromurU.

Thanks.

The users are disabled now. Anyhow I need to check how to delete all the sent messages.

The PM table has a “from” column, there the currently set username is displayed (e.g. wroot) and the link to the user page (http://community.igniterealtime.org/people/wroot) is stored there. We need the link to the user page to identify the user correctly.

ok thanks. I checked the “From” box and Favou and Faith are the correct usernames then. Thanks for taking care of this guys. Hopefully you are able to put something in place to cut back on this… really can deter a new user… but so far you guys seem to be all over this issue once it was brought to your attention. Thanks again!