Spark 1.02/MacOS X, Asterisk 1.07, Wildfire 2.4

I just installed Wildfire and the Asterisk-IM plugin and I am running into a problem, no doubt my own issue…

But before i integrated Asterisk, I was able to sign into the Spark no issues, but when I assigned a device to my user, I can no longer sign in. The Asterisk connection seems to work as I can see my available SIP devices.

I get the following in the Wildcard log:

2005.12.27 21:35:59 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:158) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/192.168.2.6,port=59554,localport=5222]

The Mac client just sits there saying: Authenticating.

Any thoughts on what I might look at? Is the version of Asterisk too old? I have been meaning to upgrade, but haven’'t gotten around to it yet.

Hi gmsmith,

Could you paste your error.log and warning.log file located in the logs directory of your Spark install. This will help me determine the issue.

Cheers,

Derek

Sure…sorry about that. The warn log has entries for before I made my connection to asterisk…

error.log:

2005.12.27 20:59:17 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:158) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/192.168.2.5,port=33794,localport=5269]

2005.12.27 20:59:28 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:158) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/192.168.2.5,port=33795,localport=5269]

2005.12.27 20:59:46 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:158) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/192.168.2.5,port=33796,localport=5269]

2005.12.27 21:01:46 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:158) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/192.168.2.6,port=59523,localport=5222]

2005.12.27 21:03:04 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:158) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/192.168.2.6,port=59547,localport=5222]

2005.12.27 21:35:59 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:158) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/192.168.2.6,port=59554,localport=5222]

warn.log

more warn.log

2005.12.27 20:47:09 Asterisk-IM table contains errors exited with error, database may not behave properly

2005.12.27 20:47:09 Asterisk-IM table creation --> Table not found: PHONEDEVICE in statement

java.sql.SQLException: Table not found: PHONEDEVICE in statement

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.fetchResult(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)

at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaExport.execute(SchemaExport.java:145)

at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaExport.create(SchemaExport.java:99)

at org.jivesoftware.phone.database.HibernateUtil.initDB(HibernateUtil.java:150)

at org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.AsteriskPlugin.init(AsteriskPlugin.java:107)

at org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.AsteriskPlugin.initializePlugin(AsteriskPlugin. java:92)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :281)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.access$200(PluginManager.java :48)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:658)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2005.12.27 20:48:41 Asterisk-IM table contains errors exited with error, database may not behave properly

2005.12.27 20:48:41 Asterisk-IM table creation --> Table not found in statement

java.sql.SQLException: Table not found in statement

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.executeQuery(Unknown Source)

at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.DatabaseMetadata.initSequences(DatabaseMetadata.java :113)

at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.DatabaseMetadata. Table not found in statement

at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.DatabaseMetadata.initSequences(DatabaseMetadata.java :113)

at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.DatabaseMetadata.(DatabaseMetadata.java:39)

at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate.execute(SchemaUpdate.java:124)

at org.jivesoftware.phone.database.HibernateUtil.updateDB(HibernateUtil.java:186)

at org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.AsteriskPlugin.init(AsteriskPlugin.java:112)

at org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.AsteriskPlugin.initializePlugin(AsteriskPlugin. java:92)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :281)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.access$200(PluginManager.java :48)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:658)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Little more info, if I disassociate the user with the SIP device, the user is able to login.

So it looks like the db installation of asterisks failed. What Db are you using at this time?

I am using the build in database.

Wildfire server is a separate box from the Asterisk install. It appears the Spark client is a bit flaky on OS X as now that I have disassociated users it sometimes connects, sometimes doesn’'t.

I also tried connected via GAIM which works every time, but users show as: Subscription: None (To Pending) Error: Remote Server Not Found, but in the admin console, I can send a message to the user with no issues.

Okay…some more updates…

I have disabled asterisk integration completely.

The Mac Spark client will occasionally login to the Wildfire server. I am able to send messages from the Sessions tab to a Mac that has signed in. The Spark client has an issue with a user logged in from GAIM, the user can’‘t be added to the the online list and can’'t accept messages, though the show traffic window shows the message and receipt of the message.

I have re-enabled asterisk

From one machine, I am able to login with Spark, but two others, I am not and get the same log entries as listed above and it appears to hang at Authenticating. I am however able to create a user account from those two machines.

I did find an issue with host name, I fixed that. So I am seeing the following issues still:

1. Intermittent login with Spark (Mac version)

2. Inability to communicate with GAIM user (though packets are transmitting)