Spark 2.0 is still slow from taskbar

I had that issue since the begining and this is a major complaint from my users.

When opening spark from the taskbar ( when minimized ) it takes 15 seconds to show the interface, before that is just a grey window.

Does anybody have the same problem?

I use Spark 2.0 beta and windows XP ( some user have the same issue on windows 2000 )

bump

Hi Luke,

In the next Spark release (2.0), I’‘m making some fundamental changes to handle this by updating some of the VM parameters for better performance (and better memory handling — fingers crossed). On my local systems, I’'m not able to reproduce this issue, but I know it exists

Cheers,

Derek

When is 2.0 due out?

Thanks,

Peter.

dualice wrote:

When is 2.0 due out?

~ 17 August

Hi Derek,

it should be really easy to reproduce. Start another instance of Spark in the morning and don’'t use it the whole day. In the evening you may want to try to open it and check whether this runs fine or takes some seconds for disc IO.

LG

Hey LG,

I cannot reproduce this with 1.1.9.6. Could you get the alpha build and see if this is still a problem for you. The new VM settings in those builds should help out.

Thanks,

Derek

Hi Derek,

I can do … anyhow I’'ll fetch the .tar.gz build as you do not offer a JRE-free windows version.

LG