Spark 2.5.1 Released

Spark 2.5.1 is now available for download. A good number of improvements and bug fixes are in the release, including better jingle support. Enjoy!

Change log can be found here.

Cheers,

Spark Team

Hello,

How do we roll out Spark updates to our 50 internal users without using 1400MB (50 X 28mb) every few weeks for a spark point release?

This is a big problem for us.

Thanks,

Noah O’'Donoghue

I would say, only update if you’'re seeing one of the bugs that gets fixed in the changelog. Nothing is forcing you to update with every release.

Otherwise start using MSI files and integrate it into application deploying in AD group policy (if using windows) or similar.

Right but how can I stop ALL my users from updating Spark if everytime they log in Spark asks for update?

In this new version I am still with problems when a user click in “Edit Profile”. Just reporting.

Leisses wrote:

Right but how can I stop ALL my users from updating Spark if everytime they log in Spark asks for update?

In this new version I am still with problems when a user click in “Edit Profile”. Just reporting.

I was still going to start such thread Spark 2.5.1: Feature request (Urgent!) No update notification - Spark Support - Ignite Realtime Community Forums

So we can all complain there Derek, are you afraid that Spark users wount upgrade and flood forum with useless bug reports? Ok, so leave it checked by default. But, give us (IT personal) a tool to control Spark. I wount let some app to yell at my users that it wants to update. Well, MS still yells for restart sometimes, but… I know you will hate this, but Exodus does have such checkbox

funny thing, client setup is 2 times bigger than server setup

oh, and huge thanks for the changelog! it’'s much better than putting all the betas issue in one final release.

Exactly!

It would be so good if the client upgrades did delta patching and didn’'t include the JRE… Imagine… the update would only be 1 or 2 mb per machine, Surely the bandwidth savings would be so immense for igniterealtime that it would be worth implementing?

It is a windows network, if I am using the .msi files and active directory is there any way to remotely disable the spark automatic update option through group policy? Otherwise the staff will upgrade using spark anyway and we won’'t save anything…

@wroot, The old Spark Manager 1.1.0 plugin did exactly what is needed here for controlling the updates… but I am afraid that it now does not work with openfire 3.3.0… I have asked if anyone could do a super quick fix for the plugin so it would again work…

http://www.igniterealtime.org/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=25851&tstart=0