Spark 2.5.3: Reconnect roster issue

Maybe related to already fixed SPARK-614 At work when i restart my server machine Spark is trying to reconnect, when server becomes available it reconnects. But all roster is showing offline and all contacts are showing twice in groups, e.g.:

Group A

-contact1

-contact1

-contact2

-contact2

So i have to logout and login again.

upd: 2.5.0

I can confirm this issue. It is especially disturbing, that the reconnect works from time to time and I haven’'t found a way to reproduce it.

Walter Ebeling

I’'ll throw my hat onto this issue as well.

I am able to reproduce this by disconnecting my laptop network connection until Spark tries to connect. Once it reconnects, all the users come in again. Another connection results in the users showing up yet again. It’'s very easy to reproduce.

At the moment, I’‘m running this under WF 3.2.4, but it doesn’'t look like a server problem.

update: my PC is on the same switch with Wildfire server, so it may not act the same with the whole network. But my Spark is starting to show roster before server actually start up after machine reboot. So it shows everyone offline and double times. But when the server is actually online, Spark starts to show online contacts (but only in one instance), and leaves all offline contacts doubled still. Until i relogin.

As i said i’‘m on the same switch with my server at work, and at home i’‘m testing on localhost. But i can reproduce it. Start the server, start the Spark. All offline contacts are intact. Stop the server. Spark is counting 10 secs. I’'m trying to start the server so Spark would reconnect almost at the same time server is almost up. Or i start Spark manually if it fails to startup at the same time with server. Then i see all offline contacts doubled. I repeat these steps and every time every offline contact is getting one more clone of itself. After a second try i get

contact1

contact1

contact1

contact2

contact2

contact2

after a 3d try:

contact1

contact1

contact1

contact1

contact2

contact2

contact2

contact2

and so on. So i really must restart Spark after a reconnect to show my roster properly.

Same here on Spark 2.5.0 it happens at random - after network reconnection spark roaster does not show online contacts.

Strange other can see user as online - but no messages are getting through - until user reconnects properly that is - hen all messages are received.

This is very annoying and loads of people at the company complains about that - especially those working remotely.

I am experiencing the same behavior in both Spark 2.5.0 and 2.5.1 with Openfire 3.3.0 (and previously with 3.2.4). Whenever Spark reconnects to Openfire the roster list shows all users offline. I then logout and login and the roster displays users presence properly.

Ditto to bricha, I am having the exact same problem… on a disconnect, then auto reconnect, all users are shown as offline… 3.2.4 or 3.3.0, 2.5.0, 2.5.1…

I forgot to include that all clients are running on Windows XP SP2 with the latest critical hotfixes, Openfire is running on Windows 2000 SP4 latest critical hotfixes.

I’‘m having this issue too. I’'m running Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Edition and Spark 2.5.2.

See my screenshot below. This occured after my server was restarted 3 times.

http://www.tcln.com/images/screenshots/spark.jpg

Seeing the issue here too. '‘course it would also be nice for Spark to not be so eager to fall off-line. I’‘m using in-house, with a rather good connection. No other apps fall off-line, but Spark does at least 1 to 5 times a day, every day. Get’‘s annoying. I’'m glad the ability for Spark to get back on-line was added, but it should be transparent to the user if possible.

I have this problem and also when i first boot up my pc. Spark is set lo open on login and minimized to the tray. The transports do not show up on first booting and all the users remain offline. dont know if it has to do with a timeout because all the other programs juggling for resources when i first login. If i immediately close and open spark, it works correctly. Very annoying indeed.

Thanks for the report. I went ahead and filed SPARK-771 and fixed it. Will be 2.5.4 beta 1.

Cheers,

Derek

it’'s now fixed, thanks

Reconnects still look broken to me in 2.5.4b1

I must admit that I’‘ve not seen the old issue where your contact list is wrong/unpopulated yet. However, I’'m unable to transfer files or use the search service frequently after disconnections.

in this thread i’‘ve only referred to offline contacts multipliyng after reconnect, now it’‘s gone, i have plugged my lan cable out and made Spark to reconnect and then i used it for a rest of the day, and there were no issues (though i havent send files or doing search, only Ctrl-F). So’’ i’'ve marked it as solved. You can start new one with a specific issue.