Spark 2.5.3 Released

Spark 2.5.3 is now available for download. A good number of improvements and bug fixes are in this release, including SSO support… Enjoy!

Change log can be found here.

Cheers,

Spark Team

Nice!!

Thanks Spark Team

Scott

Can somebody mirror this link to http-server without servlets?

what about SPARK-573 and SPARK-111 ? These are marked as fixed for 2.5.3

Thalt wrote:

Can somebody mirror this link to http-server without servlets?

which setup?

SPARK-573 should be added to the changelog

contact list font is changing after spark relogin

chatwindow font is changing after reopening chat window

After upgrading to 2.5.3 (i’'m using it with limited user rights, and installing new version with Run As Administrator on WinXP SP2) it started to put main window in the middle of the screen and i couldnt make it to remember the position i desire. I had to launch Spark with admin rights once to solve this. Some problems about launching new version in limited rights area dissapear, new appears, Spark is unconvininet in normal business environment where users usually doesnt have power rights.

I’'m not sure why this would be; Spark 2.5.3 still stores the window location in %USERPROFILE%\Spark\layout.settings which should be fine as a normal user would have access to their own profile.

We package our own version of Spark (with autoconfig etc) so it’‘s difficult to say categorically whether this is an issue with the Jive MSI packages, but it shouldn’'t be.

The only thing that I have an issue with is when you change the screen resolution, Spark doesn’‘t realise if it’'s running out of the bounds of the screen. When I terminal serve into my machine at work (which is higher res) this always catches me out and I have to kill the process, then delete the layout file.

Message was edited by: DeeJay

DeeJay wrote:

I’'m not sure why this would be; Spark 2.5.3 still stores the window location in %USERPROFILE%\Spark\layout.settings which should be fine as a normal user would have access to their own profile.

We package our own version of Spark (with autoconfig etc) so it’‘s difficult to say categorically whether this is an issue with the Jive MSI packages, but it shouldn’'t be.

Yes, i understand that there shouldnt be any problems with writing to layout.settings file. But i just see what i see. After upgrade it wasnt saving my preferences. I remember some other problems with upgrade and it was solved by cleaning Temp folder. I think Spark is not closing normally when you exit it, something is left in Temp\hsperfdata_Username and it prevents Spark to work normally after upgrade, until i clean that Temp folder or launch Spark with admin rights.

Using simple full Spark setup.