powered by Jive Software

Spark 2.5.4 crashes on Mac OSX 10.4 as soon as voice chat starts

Launch OSX version of Spark, log in, chat with other users, all is fine. Start a computer-to-computer voice chat, accept on other end (or vice versa, doesn’'t matter who initiates) wait for negotiations to proceed, then when it appears that voice chat should start, boom - JVM exits with native java error.

Yes, it says capture device in use or whatnot, but a full JVM crash? ouch…

Created RTP session at 12816 to: 192.168.22.107 12776

• Recevied new RTP stream

The sender of this stream had yet to be identified.

javax.sound.sampled.LineUnavailableException: Another capture device is already open

at com.sun.media.sound.SimpleInputDevice.nOpen(Native Method)

at com.sun.media.sound.SimpleInputDevice.implOpen(SimpleInputDevice.java:275)

at com.sun.media.sound.AbstractMixer.open(AbstractMixer.java:286)

at com.sun.media.sound.AbstractMixer.open(AbstractMixer.java:334)

at com.sun.media.sound.AbstractDataLine.open(AbstractDataLine.java:103)

at com.sun.media.sound.SimpleInputDevice$InputDeviceDataLine.open(SimpleInputDevic e.java:632)

at com.sun.media.sound.AbstractDataLine.open(AbstractDataLine.java:399)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkplugin.JavaMixer.createMixerChildren(JavaMixer.java:164)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkplugin.JavaMixer…crash.log (native state; generated by CrashReporter)

Jul 30 08:35:16 MacBookPro /Users/ebratton/DOWNLOADS/Spark.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub: 4. This data:

Jul 30 08:35:16 MacBookPro /Users/ebratton/DOWNLOADS/Spark.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub: Java VM: Java HotSpot™ Client VM (1.5.0_07-87 mixed mode, sharing)

Jul 30 08:35:16 MacBookPro /Users/ebratton/DOWNLOADS/Spark.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub: Bus Error (0xa) at pc=0x9baa4543

Jul 30 08:35:16 MacBookPro /Users/ebratton/DOWNLOADS/Spark.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub: Process ID: 21904, Current Thread: 25169920

Jul 30 08:35:16 MacBookPro /Users/ebratton/DOWNLOADS/Spark.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub: File report at: http://bugreport.apple.com/

Jul 30 08:35:16 MacBookPro /Users/ebratton/DOWNLOADS/Spark.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub: An error report file has been written to:

Jul 30 08:35:16 MacBookPro /Users/ebratton/DOWNLOADS/Spark.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub: /Users/ebratton/Library/Logs/Java/JavaNativeCrash_pid21904.crash.log

Jul 30 08:35:17 MacBookPro crashdump[21950]: JavaApplicationStub crashed

Jul 30 08:35:17 MacBookPro crashdump[21950]: crash report written to: /Users/ebratton/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/JavaApplicationStub.crash.log

I’‘m getting this error on my MacBook Pro as well. Strangely, I’'m not getting it on my G5.

Same issue here(with Spark 2.5.6) Intel -> crash, PPC -> works

I’m using OSX 10.4.10 with Spark 2.5.6 and it crashes in the same way as described in the OP. Using a macbook pro (Intel).

Same on 2.5.7 (Intel)

I too am having the same problem. I am running 10.4.10 on a Macbook Pro (intel) with Spark 2.5.7. In fact my luck with voice chat on the last few versions of spark has been pretty dismal. I don’t know if this is related but I also have a problem with the skinned versions of spark not working with Intel Versions of Mac OS X - they just crash on launch . Can someone from Jive please comment on this. If you would like more info I am more than willing to provide any necessary information.

Thanks,

Chris

Same here; trying to run Spark 2.5.7 on a Mac Mini running OSX and it crashes when someone attempts to initiate a voice call.

I’d love to have this feature in Spark – what can be done?

(Edit: It’s an Intel processor)

Same here, Spark 2.5.4 on Mac, Funny thing the PC client is unaffected!? I wish I could connect iChat to PC Spark client for the voice… But I think that is a pipe dream.

Grant.

Just to keep this important bug alive, this is still happening. I have OSX Spark 2.5.8 crash immediately after connecting from a Windows client with Spark 2.5.8. Maybe a problem with Jingle?