Spark 2.5.8 vCard File Not Found Exception

Hi Guys,

I’m finding that the Spark client on one of our network machines is throwing this error and disconnecting several times a day:

Aug 27, 2008 12:25:10 PM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error
SEVERE:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Documents and Settings\Cindy\Spark\user\cindy@globalmedia.net\vcards\bWFyYXllaCVnbWFpbC5jb21AZ3RhbGsubWVyaWRpYW4uZ2xvYmFsY2hhbmdlbXVsdGltZWRp YS5u
ZXQ= (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.profile.VCardManager.persistVCard(VCardManager.java: 639)
at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.profile.VCardManager.reloadVCard(VCardManager.java:4 53)
at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.profile.VCardManager$2.run(VCardManager.java:172)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

We’re not even trying to use vCards so what’s the deal? Can anyone help with this error?

Do you have rights to save files there? the vCard files are used to store information about users on your contact list.

I mean, she’s on Windows XP Home. We installed using the default installer which comes with Spark… would permissions really be a problem?

I have Googled some of the errors and I get this from Microsoft’s Issue Tracker:

The system does not accept the keyboard combination Alt+0 through
Alt+32 or the following characters: \ \ / : | < > + ; = . ?
"

I have noticed that the filename which is reported to be in error has the ‘=’ character in it…why would Spark do this if saving to a filename like this is illegal in Windows? Also, earlier on she had no personal Avatar, so I set one for her, would that make any difference at all?

It’s probably some base64 encoding, i’ll look into it for you and see if perhaps we can change the encoding algorithim.

Ok, thank you. I’m sure I’m not the only one this has affected. I’ve noticed numerous posts about Spark closing for no apparent reason, perhaps this can go towards fixing the larger issue at hand.

Thanks again.

No problem, i have seen this error occur several times. Thanks.