Spark 2.5.8 won't blink with new messages

FYI, I have the option Bring Window to Front checked, but when put another window in front of my chat window and someone send me a new message the windows netiher comes to the front or blinks. If I minimize the window the conversation spark window will popup. For example, I’m chatting and I have my web browser in the background which is maximized rather than minimize the chat window i just click on the browser in the background… now whenever I get a new IM I never know because it blinks once then nothing. Can anyone help me out with this?

Have you installed MSI version? Bring window to front works fine with 2.6.0 beta 1, and as i recall it was fine with 2.5.8.

Correct, but if you would try this… open your broswer and maximize that window then bring a chat window over it have someone write you a message and then click on your browser (don’t minimize the chat window) and then have the person send you another message and see if the chat window blinks or not in the taskbar… for me it did not with 2.5.8 or 2.6 beta 1

Correct what? So it was a MSI setup? MSI packages of Spark are known for some odd behavior (should be removed from download page maybe). So the problem could be with that. I use normal EXE installation and this window doesnt blink, because it jumps in front of other windows, so it dont have to blink then.

Well, this sounds like a jniwrapper issue. Best thing to do, is to uninstall spark, remove all the left of .Spark files in the folder. Update Java (if possible) then reinstall the latest version of Spark (try Spark 2.6.0). If it still doesn’t work then jniwrapper.jar isn’t being loaded.

I can say with absolute certainty that htis works for me with both 2.5.8 and 2.6.0b1. It annoys the hell out of me if I do not acknowledge the blinking status soon enogh. It just keeps going like the energizer bunny until i bring it to front.

Yes, same with me except for when I have the Bring Window To Front option checked under preferences > notifications. Can you confirm this? It blinks only once when I a window is over it and the chat window is NOT minimized.

This is the case on our corporate computers 50+ in all on a fresh install with each one… I want to say that this is a bug.

I think mtstravel meant that chat window IS blinking for him as “energizer bunny” until he brings it to front. That would be with “Bring to front” option turned off. As i said before for me it works as it should. If “Bring to front” is turned on then window just pops on top of any other window (maximized browser window or anything else) and it doesnt blink, because there is NO need in that when it’s already in front. So, something is wrong with your case. If this was an MSI installation when you should try EXE installation (clean install, deleting everything in C:\Documents and Settings\User\Spark prior installing again).

The bring to front function is definitely not working for me either. I get one flash on the task bar and the window does not come to front. I only test 2.6.0b1 as I just do not feel like uninstalling it right now.

Bring to Front hasn’t ever worked for me (I miss many comms because of it)

this isn’t working for me either in 2.5.8

So it seems i’m the only one have it working WinSrev, do you? Ok, so maybe everyone should add more details.

Spark 2.6.0 Beta 1 (and it was working with 2.5.8 version when i was testing focus stealing issue)

Windows XP Pro SP3

Spark EXE Offline installation

Have you tried deleting you profile or just plugins dir in C:\Documents and Settings\User\Spark ?

Maybe something in logs?

I pretty much have the same scenario as you wroot, works fine, the only point this stopped working for me was when i changed jniwrapper.jar to get the tray icon working in Linux but broke the Windows side of things. Eitherway, whatever is happening i believe that this issue is coming from the jniwrapper. Essentially clear everything spark, even in the registry then reinstall.