Spark 2.5 Beta Released

Like wroot above, I too see a small window with a close-X appear when I right-click the system tray icon. Mine appears in the upper-left corner of my screen.

spol wrote:

I cant bring open conversation windows for some of my contacts

Having the same problem on Windows 2000!

We’'ve been experiencing a problem with the new 2.5 beta.

When opening an mmc console (for example, active directory users and computers) and using the run as option to run it with my domain admin account, the mmc becomes completely unresponsive unless I exit out of spark completely.

After doing what needs to be done in AD, if I leave the mmc console open and restart spark, the MMC becomes completely unresponsive again.

This has happened to myself and three other users.

If I open AD users/computers without the run as option, mmc and spark appear to be playing fine together.

Tried uninstalling both spark and the admin pack, re-installing both, but the issue persists.

It’'s really a pain to have to close down spark anytime I need to move a computer or reset a password in AD.

Any thoughts or ideas?

One other request on a completely seperate note, but, a dock option would be nice to have. I need to have spark open while at my desk, and anytime I maximize a window, I lose spark behind it.

Thanks

Using beta2 (on OS X 10.4.8)…

When using the spell check plugin and I highlight a misspelled word and click the spell check icon bringing up the window of suggestions and the option to add to dictionary, you cannot close this window with the red x in the top left, you can only close the window by clicking ‘‘cancel’’.

Also, beta2 OS X 10.4.8…

Several of my contacts on my local wildfire server when i mouse over them it doesn’'t show the contact icon, but if i initiate a chat or do ‘‘view profile’’ i can see it.

Small thing, but thought i would point it out.

I checked up on this, and it turns out that jarbundler copies the system version of JavaApplicationStub over. Since the build machine is a G5, that was a PPC binary. Should be fixed for the next build.

2.5.0 Beta 2 MSI Online setup has created Spark file with no extension in Spark dir, so i had to append .exe to it.

Here’'s a suggestion,

Add a sound related to the buzz feature and limit the time between each buzz like msn messenger.

Have tried Beta 2 MSI at work. It authenticates longer that Exodus somehow, sometimes it doesnt pull the roster (Wildfire 3.1.1) so i have to exit ant start it again. And as someone has mentioned, sometimes i cant open chat window with some contacts. Exactly:

Have logged in and opened chat window with my co-worker (in Away)

typed few wors and hit enter - only my nickname appeared in chat window and my words didnt dissapear in input window, i tried again and again, but only my nickname appeared and everything in one line ( wroot (time) wroot (time) )

so i closed chat window and now i cant start chat with him at all, even after restarting Spark

and Appearance menu is not working in Preferences, and there is no Emoticon, Buzz and spellcheck icons in chat window toolbar.

Is the BETA 2 u talking about the new one (not 2.4.1)?

where can I download it form?

http://www.igniterealtime.org/downloads/beta.jsp

File Browse dialog is not a default of Windows in Spark,and it takes ages to make a list of files in directory…

A logout now just exits the program and uchecks the Auto-login option. Is this the intended behaviour?

Roster window shows my username next to Avatar and presence button if there is only Nickname in my profile settings. Maybe it should show nickname instead.

Avatar is still shown if i Clear it and press Save. So i have to restart Spark.

Chat Window is showing last conversation greyed out when i reopen it. But it shows mine and other cntact’'s usernames instead of Names. That is confusing for users i think. Same with history log.

I dont get it:

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/1886/sparktimelogas7.jpg

There should be February 11 in the chat window, because 12:42 PM message was sent this morning and it should be AM of Feb. 11. O, i hate that AM PM stuff (as a hand watches too ). We need 24h format for our production environment.

Will there be a 2.5beta that includes the active directoty single sign on for testing? If so, when will this be available?

Steve

I confirm that the missing EXE bug is in beta2. Fix, as posted before, is to rename “spark” file to “spark.exe”.

Additionally, I found that file transfers did not work when running Spark with the EXE launcher. If you use the startup batch file they do work. The reason for this is the classpaths are not the same. I modified my starter.ini file so that the classpaths were the same and file transfers started working with the EXE launcher.

I find that memory consumption is better (38 MB with Java 6)… until I try to use a nifty feature like screenshot. Wow does that consume ram. Jumped 20 MB. Seems memory management still needs some work. Building on screenshot… it would be cool to integrate whiteboard functionality for Spark<->Spark. That would be very useful.

Lastly, I find that ampersands in chatroom names/descriptions are not properly escaped (this could be a Wildfire 3.2 bug, not sure).

Hi Moger,

Could you specify the diff of the classpaths please. They should be the same. As for the memory hit using screenshots, i’'ll see if i can get that sucker down. As for the memory usage, I filed SPARK-547 to address this.

Thanks,

Derek

I’‘m having trouble with this beta running under Windows Vista where the user’'s presence will change to ‘‘Away due to idle’’ after 3 minutes, regardless of whether the machine is being used, and will then not come back to ‘‘available,’’ again, even if the machine is being used.

SPARK-497 should be fixed in Beta 2

http://www.igniterealtime.org/downloads/beta.jsp

Thanks. Unfortunately I am running Beta2 and still have this issue.

We have found a issue with the Beta.

On machines that we upgraded from 2.0.8 > 2.4.1 > 2.5.0 Beta2 the user needs local power users right (at least that) so they can see what they have typed and get the emote icon. Without these rights they can type and send to another person and the receiver can read the message but the sender has a blank entry for the message.

I have another 2 machines where it has been new builds and 2.5 Beta2 installed and the users don’'t need power user rights.

Any ideas?