Spark 2.6.3: Delete/stop chat storage

Hi there,

I have searched the forums with various terms but cannot find anything to help me. We’re running Openfire 3.8.2 using LDAP to AD for the user accounts. I do not have any monitoring plugins.

Company policy is all chat must not be retained. However, I am seeing that on each local machine the chat is history is being saved:

c$\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Spark\user\user@intranet\transcripts

I know you can ask them to check the box to “Disable Chat History” but the higher ups want more control.

I thought of adding something to logon.bat to delete this folder on login, but that still means it will retain chat until the user reboots again.

What can I do to prevent any chat history from being saved? Can I import something into a GPO? If so, how would I do that?

Any help would be appreciated

Well, you can try restricting access to transcripts folder. Spark will probably throw errors (or at least log some in the errors.log), but then you would say to such users to disable the history. No GPO or anything else for this. You know that users can still copy the text from their chat windows or make screenshots, do you?