Spark 2.8.0 - invalid username/password

Hello All. I am trying to get Spark 2.8.0 to work in my environment. I am running Openfire 4.0.3. I was running Spark 2.7.7 without any issues. I have attached the information from my error log. I am running a Windows environment. Thanks for your help.

this is because your spark can’t find your servers certificate. You can get around this a few different ways. manual import your servers certificate into sparks jre trust store, or click the “advanced” button on the login screen, and check “accept all certificates”

I thought “accept all certificates” should be already checked by default when upgrading to 2.8.0.

i unchecked that messing around earlier. even with it checked i cannot login. i get the below error.

Sep 02, 2016 3:21:36 PM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log warning

WARNING: Exception in Login:

org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException: SASL Authentication failed. No known authentication mechanisims.

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SASLAuthentication.authenticate(SASLAuthentication.java: 254)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.loginNonAnonymously(XMPPTCPConnect ion.java:374)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.login(AbstractXMPPConnection.java :456)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.login(LoginDialog.java:1096)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.access$900(LoginDialog.java:332)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel$3.construct(LoginDialog.java:866)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker.lambda$new$1(SwingWorker.java:142)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Are you using AD integration? SSO also maybe?

AD integration yes. SSO no.

Bill, what version is your OF server? you might have to add the system property sasl.mechs adding the value PLAIN

1 Like

I will let speedy proceed here, as he is our AD expert here Btw, speedy, maybe we should add another error message based on “SASL Authentication failed. No known authentication mechanisims.” to https://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-1786

P.S. does it really says mechanisims? Seems like a typo in Smack.

4.0.3 (first message )

i added PLAIN so now it shows GSSAPI, PLAIN. Is that correct?

yep…GSSAPI is used for kerberos/sso. MS AD only suppurts a few auth mechs…PLAIN, GSSAPI, NTLM, DIGEST-MD5, and something else…i can’t remember!

I am still unable to get logged into the system

after updating the sasl methods, what errors are you seeing in spark?

Anything further on this?? I, also, cannot validate AD username/password. NOT using SSL or SSO.

Openfire 4.0.2 and Spark 2.7.7. Problem consistently occurs with Spark 2.8.

Have you tried adding PLAIN to the sasl.mechs system property in Openfire? Do you see anything related in Spark logs after doing this? @Guus der Kinderen interested?

On the server:

cat /opt/openfire/logs/error.log |grep sasl

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.sasl.SaslServerPlainImpl.evaluateResponse(SaslServerP lainImpl.java:122)

cat /opt/openfire/logs/jive.audit-20160912-000.log |grep sasl , I get nothing.

Looking under server-properties.jsp, I don’t have sasl.mechs. Am I supposed to add it as a property name with PLAIN as a property value?

I’m not sure I’m looking in the right places.

Yes, you should create that property and set value to PLAIN

Did add that “sasl.mechs” and property value “PLAIN”, did a service openfire restart. Still get the “Invalid username and password.”

Do I need to restart another service?

What does error.log shows after that error? Post the whole exception without grepping sasl.

Here’s the thing. I don’t even see that error in error.log, “Invalid username and password.”… The only thing close is an LDAP search field error for the user:

2016.09.12 15:19:26 org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapUserProvider - Error parsing LDAP search fields: existingusername

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapUserProvider.(LdapUserProvider.java:87 )

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessor Impl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructor AccessorImpl.java:45)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.UserManager.initProvider(UserManager.java:489)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.UserManager.(UserManager.java:97)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.UserManager.(UserManager.java:55)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.UserManager$UserManagerContainer.(UserMa nager.java:61)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.UserManager.getInstance(UserManager.java:82)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.getUserManager(XMPPServer.java:1218)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PresenceManagerImpl.initialize(PresenceManagerImp l.java:530)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.initModules(XMPPServer.java:566)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:453)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.(XMPPServer.java:169)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessor Impl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructor AccessorImpl.java:45)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:105)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:56)

2016.09.12 15:19:30 org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.ofmeet.OfMeetPlugin - Could NOT create focus user

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: User provider is read-only.

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.UserManager.createUser(UserManager.java:168)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.ofmeet.OfMeetPlugin.initializePlugin(OfMeetPlu gin.java:149)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :447)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :68)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1037)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301 (ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Schedu ledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

2016.09.12 15:19:35 org.jitsi.jicofo.openfire.JicofoPlugin - Focus user not setup. password missing focus@tdi-openfire