Spark 2.9.0 button Reconnect does't work

Hi.
The “Reconnect” button does not work either in case of a network error or when kick a user

if I use Spark 2.8.3 and I have a connection error, then I can click on “Your connection was closed due to an error” and Spark will restart.
But in Spark 2.9.0 the label and the Reconnect button don’t work.
Screenshot_545

This is not a button. This is just one of 3 options how to show the automatic reconnect progress. This one is using a virtual group to show the process.

I understand, but I think this is an error if in spark 2.8.3 I clicked on the label and I rebooted spark, but in spark 2.9.0 nothing happens.

I don’t understand what you mean. It works the same for me in 2.8.3 and 2.9.0. If i click on “Reconnect” it only expands or collapses that group. Which does nothing, because this is not a real group and only is there to hold the info about reconnect process. The only thing changing when you click on it is that little triangle icon is changing (expand/collapse). Spark is not rebooting or doing anything when i press it, it just continues to reconnect no matter what you do.

After three years of using spark, I found that if you click on this inscription, spark will restart.

Screenshot_545

Well, i would say it was a bug :slight_smile: There is no button and no indication or notice that Spark will restart if you click there. Older Spark version would also reconnect if you try to add a contact and close dialog. So, it is good if 2.9.0 is not doing this anymore.

It is a pity that such a function will not be in Spark 2.9.0, because in case of a network error, you will have to close Spark and open it.
We have 10 offices in different cities and sometimes there are network errors.

I understand, but a bug shouldn’t become a feature. There is no button or indication. I’m fine if someone adds a “Restart” button in that place. https://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-2144