Spark cannot make conference rooms!

Running Spark 1.0.1 against Jive Messenger 2.3.1

When anyone tries to create a room from Spark, the recipient get the invite pop-up, but when they click ‘‘join’’ they get an error “The room you are trying to enter does not exist”.

Exodus doesn’'t give any problems.

According to the Spark log, I get:

11:55:10 AM jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/Spark/lib/smackx-debug.jar!/images/nav_righ t_red.png jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/Spark/lib/smackx-debug.jar!/images/qu estion_and_answer.png IQ Sent (class=org.jivesoftware.smackx.packet.DiscoverInfo) gWSO6-156 get s tarrpp9@conference.jabber2

11:55:10 AM jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/Spark/lib/smackx-debug.jar!/images/nav_left _blue.png jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/Spark/lib/smackx-debug.jar!/images/qu estion_and_answer.png IQ Received (class=org.jivesoftware.smackx.packet.DiscoverInfo) gWSO6-156 result starrpp9@conference.jabber2

11:55:10 AM jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/Spark/lib/smackx-debug.jar!/images/nav_righ t_red.png jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/Spark/lib/smackx-debug.jar!/images/ph oto_portrait.png Presence Sent gWSO6-157 available starrpp9@conference.jabber2/rvanderveer

11:55:10 AM jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/Spark/lib/smackx-debug.jar!/images/nav_left _blue.png jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/Spark/lib/smackx-debug.jar!/images/ph oto_portrait.png Presence Received gWSO6-157 error starrpp9@conference.jabber2/rvanderve er

11:55:10 AM jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/Spark/lib/smackx-debug.jar!/images/nav_righ t_red.png jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/Spark/lib/smackx-debug.jar!/images/ph oto_portrait.png Presence Sent gWSO6-158 available starrpp9@conference.jabber2/rvanderveer2

And so on…

Does this make any sense? Any help?

Thanks in advance…

-Rick

I had the same thing, are you running a linux version of jive??

I was working fine on the Win32 server… then I tried Linux & got that exact conference issue you describe… I did a lot of playing around and eventually it just started working… Sorry I couldn’'t be more helpful, but I would like to know if anyone figures out what is causing it.

Hey Rick,

The 404 error code that the invitee is getting means that the room is still locked. When a room is created, it will remain locked until it has been configured. Could you press F12 to open the debugger window? I will need to see the sequence of packets that the inviter is exchanging with the server when creating, configuring and inviting users to his room. It would also be useful to see the exchanged packets of the invitee once he got the room invitation.

Thanks,

– Gato

ok, this is going to be a large post. Hopefully it’'ll provide the info you need.

Raw Send Packets:

Raw Recieve Packets:

The plot thickens…

By fluke, I found a user that was still using Spark 1.0.0. This client was able to make conferences and have others successfully join! Conversely, when Spark 1.0.1 clients try to make a conference and others join, they still get the “room doesn’'t exist” error.

So, it appears to be a bug that got introduced in 1.0.1.

Hope this helps! Let me know if there’'s anything else I can provide!

-Rick

It thickens indeed. Could you give me an account on your server. I would love to try and fix this before the 1.0.2 release this week.

Cheers,

Derek

Sure, I’'ll email you privately.

Thanks for your help!

-Rick

This has been fixed in 1.0.2.

Cheers,

Derek

Indeed it has! Thanks!

-Rick

Still appears to be an issue on the Mac version of 1.02