Spark client closes for no apparent reason. The end user sees msg: "Your connection was closed due to an error"

Spark client closes for no apparent reason. The end user sees msg: “Your connection was closed due to an error”

I looked at the logs and saw this error message that occurred at the time of one of my end users having this problem.

this is the error that i’m seeing:

1. 2015.08.13 13:29:56 org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler - Closing connection due to exception in session: (0x000001AA: nio socket, server,…

and this:

1. 2015.08.13 13:29:56 org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.OfflinePacketDeliverer - Could not route packet

wondering if this has something to do with java. . .

this only seems to be happening with a few or handful users. I turned on debugging.

Spark and Openfire versions?

Spark 2.7.1

Build: 686

Openfire 3.10.2

I think only the first error is related, but as usually java errors are not very helpful. This maybe a server issue as well. Maybe your server runs low on resources? Any out of memory errors in server logs?

Memory usage is only %30 and Storage is only @ %25 right now. I don’t think it’s a resource issue. Wish it was; that’d be an easy fix. it’s just kind of annoying; users are complaining and i’m having an issue pinning it to any common factor at the moment. the problem seems to only happen to a few users; and its sporadic/random/intermittent at best. never saw any memory errors in the logs.

you may try turning off compression to see if that helps.

Server>Server Settings>Compression Settings

make both unavailable.

thanks for your reply. I’ll try that and monitor it for a couple days. hopefully that’s all there was to it.

I also found that IM av was turned on in kaspersky, so i turned that off. I think these things might fix it. appreciate your help