Spark Compliler (.java to .class )

Over the past 6 months i have ben editing the Spark Source mainly from an installation that i had and some peaces of th source now that i have had to use some of th soure i need to convert the source from a .java to a .class so i can intergrate it back into the instalation… has any one got any ideas and or can they give me every step on how to make to .class files from the java source code i am very new to java coding class me as an idiot

matthew

( ausnetservers hotmail.com)

Hi Matthew,

you may want to install a JDK and run javac to compile your class files.

Eclipse or IntelliJ are IDE’s which you may want to use to compile and debug Spark, using just “javac” may be a huge pain. But as it seems that you did use “vi” or something else to edit the java files I could assume that you enjoy some pain

I hope that you did not use “jad” to get the source code of Spark.

LG

i have no clue what you mena i used the source i got from one of the devolpoers and an installation whoch i cusotmoized but now that i want to change the help menu links i need to get into the code and yer i have no clue what you said in your last post :S

You need to get and install the Java development kit (JDK) here - choose “JDK 6 Update 3”. Download and install. This contains a compiler that will turn your source files (.java) into byte code (.class).

Then you should also get Ant, which is a tool that can help you build an application in a single step. If I recall correctly, Spark comes with the necessary Ant script.

On both accounts you will have to learn to use them. How you managed to change Java source files without apparently knowing anything about programming is beyond me. But I wish you the best of luck

this is going to sound really mean but can i send you the files that i need converted and would you be able to do it because i dont have a clue about java and it would take me weeks apon weeks to be able to learn how to do it because there isnt a step by step manual :S

ANSA wrote:

this is going to sound really mean but can i send you the files that i need converted and would you be able to do it because i dont have a clue about java and it would take me weeks apon weeks to be able to learn how to do it because there isnt a step by step manual :S

You don’t sound mean, but asking someone to compile something for you is a bit much. What if it doesn’t compile, who will do the debugging?

You would probably be best off hiring a local Java programmer (check your local university, students are always looking for experience).

Hi Matthew,

take a look at Openfire Plugins Setup Guide For Eclipse - it is written for Openfire but the setup for Spark is similar. You may have a Spark.jar file after 30 minutes. Don’t you have some students around which may help you?

LG