Spark Error - Bad Image

We have a user that receives the following error upon signing in. After he hits OK he is able to use the client with no problem.

Error:

Spark - Bad Image

The application or DLL C:\Windows\system32\systeminfo.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

He is running Windows XP SP2, Spark 1.1.1 (error was present on previous versions also) and this is on a Wildfire Server 2.5.0

What could this be?

That’‘s a really good question tduval, since the systeminfo.dll is in the Spark/resources directory, so I’'m a little puzzled about why the path is showing up as such. Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers,

Derek

Hi Troy,

does your user has a C:\Windows\system32\systeminfo.dll file?

The java.library.path usually includes “C:\Windows\system32” so Spark could find this systeminfo.dll first instead the one in its own folder.

LG

I will found out…the user will be on vacation it seems for the next week though. I have a question…I forgot to mention that this user is using the “online version” of Spark and he does have Java runtime installed but before the online version became available he was using the standard version of Spark that included Java. Could this error have come from making that switch to the online version? Maybe that’‘s not even relevant…just thought I’'d ask.

Troy

i was using +JRE version (but deleted jre folder after install and using system JRE), now i use Online version (overwrited the old one) without problems.

I have verified that the user does have the file systeminfo.dll under C:\Windows\system32

Troy

I have verified that the user does have the file systeminfo.dll under C:\Windows\system32

Hi Troy,

so you may want to rename/remove it, if you did not forget the word ‘‘not’’. A systeminfo.exe is not a problem, but a systeminfo.dll may be loaded instead the one in the Spark folder.

LG

Hi Troy,

so you may want to rename/remove it, if you did not

forget the word ‘‘not’’. A systeminfo.exe is not a

problem, but a systeminfo.dll may be loaded instead

the one in the Spark folder.

LG

That seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks

Troy

Hi,

so this seems to be a Spark.exe problem. As far as I know it does set the java.libpath variable, so one may fix it. Then you are able to restore the systeminfo.dll - another program may need it.

LG

I had the user put the systeminfo.dll file back in place and the problem came back. After he renamed it the problem went away again.

Troy