Spark every time login promts for update the version

hi i m using openfire 3.6.3 on linux fedora 10 server. and spark 2.5.8 on windows client machine.

now i have added a new spark version 2.6.0 beta2 to the openfire admin interface. so it promted all the spark users to update their versions to it. now once they update it. next time when they relogin it promts again. it promt for upgrade every time they login. tell me how to disable it now. there is no way in openfire admin interface to disable it.

i don’t know this bug belongs to openfire or spark. so i am puting this thread in both support forums.

You should not deploy the betas this way. To stop this put 2.5.8 back on the server. Don’t double post.

ok,

the older version is still there as an option. i now selected it. and the message is not comming now.

but it should not be that way. if i upgraded the spark. it should not promt me again. right?

and as i said

“i don’t know this bug belongs to openfire or spark. so i am puting this thread in both support forums”

you keep it where ever you want.

Thanks.

openfire does not support the beta builds for distribution. I would not call this a bug. you should not mass distribute a beta. It is called a beta because it is not ready for mass distribution and not fully compliant.

i upgraded spark because of this reason.

and there is no option to delete the other thead in spark support same as here.