Spark Hanging on Authentication

Hi all,

When I authenticate with my Wildfire server the Spark client hangs on the “Authenticating” display. I have tried 2.0.7 and 2.0.6 (msi installers and exes both with and without the JRE) on my Windows XP workstation. Spark from my Linux desktop authenticates with no problem on the server.

I have uninstalled my anti-virus and disabled the windows firewall just to make sure that that isn’'t the problem. When the spark client is “hung” if I log into the server console it shows that I have logged in and have an open session.

Thanks,

Max

Hi,

Could you locate your error.log file located in your user.home/spark/logs directory? I’'m curious what this could be.

Thank you,

Derek

Derek,

When I browse to the user.home\Spark directory to read the error log I receive a permission denied message. When I view properties the directory has 0 files and is 0 bytes in size. Unsetting the read-only bit does not allow me to delete the directory. Utilities such as the moveonboot fail with an error message. proccps does not show any open filehandles to the directory.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Max

The c:\Documents and Settings\user\Spark directory was being created and owned by the SYSTEM user and not the actual user account. Changing the permissions/ownership on the Spark directory to the user resolved the issue.

Thanks,

Max