Spark loads then disappears

Having installed spark on my laptop (dual core AMD turion64 hp/compaq nx6325) it loads the authentication pop-up, tries to load up the user list screen, then just disappears. The program disappears from the task list as if it were never there. I’‘ve tried uninstalling and re-installing to no affect. It’'s baffling.

Would be great if anyone has any suggestions - thanks in advance.

Hi, it is possible that spark is loading up and then disapearing to the system tray? when spark is minimised to the system tray, the appication doesnt list under the application list - but does however list under processes.

might be worth a look?

Message was edited by: Johnno

I’'m having the same problem on an HP/Compaq nw8440 Centrino Duo and XP. I have tried reinstalling both Spark and Java to no avail. I have the error log, which starts

1. An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:

1. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6d75c5cc, pid=4580, tid=6088

1. Java VM: Java HotSpot™ Client VM (1.5.0_08-b03 mixed mode, sharing)

2. Problematic frame:

3. V

Can I attach the whole log here?

Alistair

I’'ve got the same problem. Works as Administrator account on laptop ( HP/Compaq NC6400 ), but not my domain profile. Also have Sun Java installed on machine which I thought may be some cause. Have not been able to figure out yet. I have Admin rights on laptop. All the basics have been covered.

JRE installed is 1.5.0_10, had 1.5.0_06 but updated it as a troubleshooting item.

I will continue to investigate, will post if there are more relavent data.

First bit of Spark log below;

1. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6d709c9d, pid=6112, tid=5320

1. Java VM: Java HotSpot™ Client VM (1.5.0_06-b05 mixed mode)

2. Problematic frame:

3. V

T H R E A D -

Current thread (0x008da500): JavaThread “Thread-9” daemon

siginfo: ExceptionCode=0xc0000005, reading address 0x00000000

Update

new log log data, note different Java VM version;

1. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6d6cccc3, pid=5732, tid=5404

1. Java VM: Java HotSpot™ Client VM (1.5.0_10-b03 mixed mode, sharing)

2. Problematic frame:

3. V

T H R E A D -

Current thread (0x008d23b0): JavaThread “Thread-9” daemon

siginfo: ExceptionCode=0xc0000005, reading address 0x00000000

Message was edited by: swordfish

I seeing the same behaviour. If I log on as an administrator on (this) machine, Spark works fine. If I then log off, and log back into my company domain, it continues to work. That is, until it stops working. I don’'t yet know what triggers it to stop working - possibly restarting the machine and logging straight into the company domain.

Update:

I’'ve done some more testing and if I restart the laptop and log straight into my domain account, Spark does the loading and disappearing thing. However, if I use Run As to run Spark as an administrator account on the laptop it works fine and subsequent running of Spark using the domain account are fine until I reboot.

Message was edited by: Alistair Wright

Update 2:

Were you using Credential Manager to log in? I have just logged into my domain without using it and Spark works fine. When I use Credential Manager it fails unless I do the run as trick noted above.

Message was edited by: Alistair Wright

Hi,

Spark has problems with AMD 64, see SPARK-458

LG