Spark not connecting to MSN or Yahoo messenger

I have been running Spark and Openfire now for quite some time, and all of a sudden today my spark client has stopped showing the Yahoo Messenger and MSN contacts for me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the spark client as well as restarted the IM gateway plugin on the server.

Others in my organization are not having the same issue, so I am pretty sure it is something to do with my client.

I have done the following:

• Deleted the login information for Yahoo and re-entered it.

• Deleted the login information for MSN and re-entered it.

• Uninstall Spark client

• Downloaded Spark 2.5.8 (EXE version) and installed it.

Nothing seems to be resolving the issue.

One thing that I did notice is that after I uninstalled Spark and re-installed it, I didn’t have to supply the server and login information, so I know it is keeping some client information on the computer even after I am uninstalling it. How can I completely 100% uninstall Spark to make sure that some corrupted information is not staying on the computer inbetween uninstalling and re-installing the client?

Also, is it possibly my java runtime engine that is the problem by chance? How do I see what version of Java is running on my system and update it?

I am running on Windows XP by the way.

Thanks in advance.

I found an old copy of Spark 2.5.5 (spark_2_5_5_online.msi). Running that version at least allows me to connect to MSN and Yahoo through my gateway. I still am not getting my MSN or Yahoo messenger contact lists. It’s like as if the contacts information is not being passed through to me.

Ok. I have figured something else out about the issue. My client I was running was Spark 2.5.8. The client that is being used by others in the office (for which is working right now) is Spark 2.5.7.

Where can I download a copy of version 2.5.7?

There seems to be a problem with 2.5.8, so I would like to revert back to 2.5.7.

I have been using 2.5.8 for sometime and no issues connecting to my MSN or yahoo accounts. Are you seeing any thing in the spark error logs?

<quote>

How can I completely 100% uninstall Spark to make sure that some corrupted information is not staying on the computer inbetween uninstalling and re-installing the client?

</quote>

Your spark settings were retained in the spark folder in your profile folder when you uninstalled it as it is not removed on uninstall.

<quote>

How do I see what version of Java is running on my system and update it?

</quote>

Open a command window and type “java -version” minus the quotes

Spark 2.5.7 found here

http://www.igniterealtime.org/downloads/download-landing.jsp?file=spark/spark_2_ 5_7.exe