Spark on how to change Skin theme (with attachment)

Guys im good in making winamp skins. i would ask a simple question on how to modify the spark

login screen picture. if anyone can give me an idea wich file to edit and how to edit the picture and skin

i would love to upload some spark skin to feel the look for this summer.

thank you all…

here is the screenshot of spark i want to modify the screen

There is a file called spark.jar in the programs folder. This contains all the graphics you would need to change to modify the login window. I use 7zip to view to the contents of the jar file.

My Friend thank you for the great reply… its hard to make spark GUI THEME not like winamp. but i think this was enough information

as long as i know wich file to modify in java… thanks also for giving me a tip on what application to modify those pictures.

i will give info and download links if this GUI THEME will works in SPARK… thank you for the reply

this is a very usefull info for me.

I found the file and created my own new spark.png file, but I’m not sure how to add it to the archive. When I try to copy it in, it comes up with "Operation Not Supported’. And if I try to click “Add”, it comes up with a similar message about the operation not being supported for the folder.

I’m sure it’s something simple but I’ve tried a few things and haven’t used 7-zip before so not sure what else to do. Some googling didn’t prove fruitful.

Cheers.

winrar works very well for this

Yes 7zip works… i just browse the spark.jar and view those images folder then drag my image.png file to that 7zip window

and it works… i manage to change the picture…

Ahh! Drag and drop from windows into the archive, didn’t try that :). Thanks, worked perfectly. Cool.

You also might want to take a look at the Build a Branded/Skinned Version of Spark document.

can this be done for webspark as well?

The The specified item was not found., SparkWeb 0.9 (formerly 3.5.1) Release Files, and The specified item was not found. documents address this question.

Really you guys reply with a very informative info.

thanks guys… im looking forward in making skin in spark but i find it very hard since im not relly good in java

hehe… so i hope there is someone out there and post some application that you can just browse those

pictures and borders and size then upload it so that we can easily change skin in spark to feel good hehehe

thank you all for the reply…

all guys and girls here are great!

I addition, is there a process or easy way to create a custom version of spark that can be combined into an .exe. I’d hate to have to customize it @ every single PC that I load it on when I could just .exe version that will just load altogether as part of the install.

Any ideas ignite-community

The way that Ignite does this is to use install4j, this can build many different versions of the “skinned” version you may have compiled. There should be an .install4j file in the build directory of the SVN you downloaded which can be used to make the .exe that you’d prefer.

jperez3 wrote:

I addition, is there a process or easy way to create a custom version of spark that can be combined into an .exe. I’d hate to have to customize it @ every single PC that I load it on when I could just .exe version that will just load altogether as part of the install.

Any ideas ignite-community

The Build a Branded/Skinned Version of Spark document explains how to build a .exe installer for a customized version of Spark.