Spark, Openfire, SSO, Server 2008

So I have been working on getting spark to SSO for about a week now with no real luck.

I have followed the documents:

http://community.igniterealtime.org/docs/DOC-1616

http://community.igniterealtime.org/docs/DOC-1362

I have a Server 2008 enviroment where I have Openfire installed and operational on 1 server 2008, lets call it “app” and the DC called “home”

I can sign in and everything works perfectly without SSO.

The only error I seem to be able to drudge up is the following. It happens when I attempt to log in via SSO on the client:

2010.08.19 12:29:26 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandler.java:135)
] Closing connection due to error while processing message: <auth mechanism="PLAIN" xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl">*PWORD*==</auth>
java.util.NoSuchElementException at java.util.StringTokenizer.nextToken(Unknown Source) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.sasl.SaslServerPlainImpl.evaluateResponse(SaslServerPlainImpl.java:109) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SASLAuthentication.handle(SASLAuthentication.java:245) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:161) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandler.java:133) at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:570) at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:299) at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:53) at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648) at org.apache.mina.common.IoFilterAdapter.messageReceived(IoFilterAdapter.java:80) at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:299) at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:53) at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648) at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.java:58) at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecFilter.java:185) at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:299) at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:53) at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648) at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java:239) at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(ExecutorFilter.java:283) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:51) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This is found on the error log of the server.

The clients are Windows XP SP3.

Any help would be awesome. I have scoured the forums and done everything that I can think of… and no luck!

Hello, can you define the problem better, is it that you cannot connect clients to openfire server? Try using the spark installation instead of sparkweb and ensure that port 5222 and 5223 are open, more details be helpfull, I have the entire setup working for months now, working on video calls.

Our clients can connect just fine to the server and the afformentioned ports are opened. I am not using sparkweb (did i say i was?)

The problem is using Single Sign On … If i have that enabled, it does not authenticate… error about principal or server settings…