Spark plugin questions

I’m having few questions on spark plugin development.

1. I have downloaded the sparkplug_kit_2_0_7.zip from your website, is this latest code.

2. I found some issues with the sparkplug_kit_2_0_7.zip, I resolved the MAIN_IMAGE issue. But my plugin is not shown on the spark

a. On click of plugins menu item I can see “my plug-in” but the plugin(tab) is not shown on the spark client

Exception in thread “AWT-EventQueue-0” java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jivesoftware.smack.filter.AndFilter.(Lorg/jivesoftware/smack/filter/PacketF ilter;L

org/jivesoftware/smack/filter/PacketFilter;)V

at com.jivesoftware.smack.workgroup.agent.AgentSession.setOnline(Unknown Source)

at com.jivesoftware.fastpath.FastPath$7.finished(FastPath.java:285)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker$2$1.run(SwingWorker.java:139)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

1. If have to work with latest code rom svn, do I need a sparkplug kit?

2. How do I build a spark.exe

Please let us know where we should take the code from your svn for both these products.

Should we develop on top of the trunk code or any branch?

Which one is stable for us to start?

How do we sync up with your updates and future releases?

Hi,

The sparkplug kit is pretty out to date and will be replaced by new developer documentation. You can simply checkout the source build from svn https://svn.igniterealtime.org/svn/repos/spark/trunk and do a direct build from the builds dir using “ant release”. However, if you want to use the current build structure to create an executable, you would need to purchase install4j. There are other free exe creators out there. I’m fond of the one from Nullsoft myself

Cheers,

Derek

Hello Derek,

Thank you for the information. Here are some new questions

1. If Openfire goes down the spark is still trying to reconnect, on restart of Openfire the spark connects fine. But when I try to request for a chat from the fast path client using browser, even thought the spark Agent client is connected to open fire its says ‘Live chat not available”. The temporary solutions for this are restart and rejoin into the spark Agent client.

2. How to add canned responses to the spark client?

3. The open fire stores the chat conversations in an xml file. Do you have any report modules around it? Or Is there any API to parse them and generate reports.

4. Also I want to use smack and spark API to publish my own notifications, any help here would be appreciated.

5. We built the Openfire server from Jive trunk, but facing problems with the enterprise.jar, webchat.war? It seems they are not in sync with the trunk code.

HTTP ERROR: 500

org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionManager.getUserSessionsCount()I

RequestURI=/plugins/enterprise/fastpath/workgroup-summary.jsp

1. We have developed a web plugin to Openfire but having problem with the meta tag decorator=none. This tag is not getting recognized by the server.

We were able to write plugins for Spark client and Openfire with some R&D and changing their build structures.

1. No built in report modules exist. But it shouldn’t be that hard to write a parser in Java to extract the information you want.

2. The publish subscription specification should be able to help you. I think it is JEP-0060 http://www.igniterealtime.org/support/articles/pubsub.jsp

Message was edited by: leebwalker

Hi,

The spark client is showing the transcript by parsing it, I think there should be some api in spark client which is parsing it. Can anybody give some pointers.