Spark randomly relogging - openfire java errors related

Is anyone else having this problem? I couldn’t find a reference to it and it’s got me boggled and frustrated. Thank you!

Openfire version: 3.4.1

JRE: 1.4.2

Spark version: 2.5.7 and 2.5.8

Symptom: spark disconnects and auto-reconnects after reconnect countdown.

Occurance: random, sometimes every 20 minutes, sometimes after an hour and a half

Desktop OS: Windows XP pro and Windows Vista

Below is the error log from openfire:

2007.11.15 14:38:35 org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.exceptionCaught(ConnectionHandle r.java:109)

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found interface org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.Session, but class was expected

~ at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.sessionDestroyed(BaseTransport. java:2101)~

~ at org.jivesoftware.openfire.event.SessionEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(SessionEve ntDispatcher.java:66)~

~ at org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionManager.removeSession(SessionManager.java:1042 )~

~ at org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionManager.removeSession(SessionManager.java:1009 )~

~ at org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionManager$ClientSessionListener.onConnectionClos e(SessionManager.java:1120)~

~ at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.NIOConnection.notifyCloseListeners(NIOConnection. java:181)~

~ at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.NIOConnection.close(NIOConnection.java:164)~

~ at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalSession.close(LocalSession.java:303)~

~ at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:124)~

~ at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:132)~

~ at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:570)~

~ at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)~

~ at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)~

~ at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)~

~ at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:58)~

~ at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:162)~

~ at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)~

~ at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)~

~ at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)~

~ at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :240)~

~ at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:284)~

~ at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)~

~ at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)~

~ at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)~

Hi Brad, welcome to IgniteRealtime community B-).

I’m not really sure about the error, but I quite sure that the minimum recommended version for JRE is 1.5.

Thank you for the welcome.

I updated the server to jre1.6.0_03.

Thanks for the clue-in there. If that fixes the problem it will certainly be a classic RTFM moment.

I’ll keep an eye on the logs and see if the error reoccurs or not, otherwise if anyone else still has some suggestions I am open to listen.

Thanks,

Brad

Hi Brad,

Though it’s not so obvious, the manual did mention about the JRE version

http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/openfire/docs/latest/documentation/install- guide.html

Hope the JRE upgrade solves your problem.

I’m curious, because it appears that it was using the JRE that comes with the openfire install RPM in /opt/openfire/jre. Is it best that openfire use the packaged java? Being the case, I am pretty sure, based on the startup script, that openfire was using the packaged java and I would assume that version is at least 1.5 and this leads us right back to where we started, not knowing why these spark disconnections are occuring.

Thanks again,

Brad

Just to cross out the possibility of JRE error, what is the java version displayed in your admin console (Server->Server Manager->Server Information)?

Well since I upgraded and pointed the system to the new java, it is currently:

Java Version: 1.6.0_03 Sun Microsystems Inc. – Java HotSpot™ Server VM

Appserver: jetty-6.1.x

Funny you bring that up though because I was just on the system summary screen telling myself I should have looked here originally for this information. I based my version from the java installed locally on the system via the standard yum update for rhel5, originally.

Brad

Then it’s probably not JRE issue :-).

Sorry that I drag you to till this point of discussion. I was thinking that you might still be in JRE 1.4

Hi Brad,

did you update the Gateway plugin? This error looks to be related to the gateway plugin, I wonder if it helps to restart or disable it.

LG

Well since I upgraded and pointed the system to the new java, it is

currently:

Java Version: 1.6.0_03 Sun Microsystems Inc. – Java HotSpot™ Server

VM

Appserver: jetty-6.1.x

Funny you bring that up though because I was just on the system summary

screen telling myself I should have looked here originally for this

information. I based my version from the java installed locally on the

system via the standard yum update for rhel5, originally.

Brad