Spark Search Multiple Resources

Hello!

Is there a way to configure spark to (people) search multiple servers? I plan to move people from an old server to a new in batch and I want people to be able to search for users across multiple servers if that is possible.

I have Spark 2.8.3 installed. The only way that I can get to the menu to add search services is by first searching (for anything) from the search field at the bottom of the roster/contact list, then click “add service” at the top of the Person search window. I’m assuming I should use “search.” but no matter what I enter I get “Unable to contact search server”.

S2S connections between my two servers is successful and I can send messages to users between the two by using the JID.

My primary goal is to allow people to easily discover/search for others across multiple servers so if I am going about this the wrong way, or if there are other ways to accomplish this, I’ll take it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I don’t think that this is supported by Spark. I had a quick look in the source code: Spark seems to perform service discovery on the domain that it connects to, to find available search services.