Spark sends group message but words remain in chat box

When sending message to everyone, the message goes out, but the words remain in chat box. Using Spark 2.6.3. Only occuring on one workstation. Latest version of Openfire on Server.

I haven’t seen such behavior in the broadcast sending. It usually happens in regular chatting. But it should be fixed in the latest SVN versions. Try this version on the affected workstation (note, it will differ from 2.6.3 a bit) http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/artifact/SPARK-INSTALL4J/JOB1/build-642/Install 4j/spark_2_6_3_12555.exe

Thanks wroot for the update. Installed it but it did not help. Any other suggestions as to what might cause this on one computer and not others? Might be some other program installed that is causing it.

Do you have Java 6 version installed on that workstation? You can create a fresh profile for this user.

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Spark\

Delete this folder, start Spark and make the settings again. History will be lost. Well, you can copy the history from

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Spark\user\user@server\transcripts and copy it back after creating fresh profile.

Java 7 is installed. Do I need to install 6 as well? Also, is there no way to preserve settings (copy them back) like the history?

Well, you can copy spark.properties file. But i’m afraid it can be something in those filesor even in the history causing problems. You can keep the backup and first try with the completely fresh profile. Then, if it works ok, copy back history and settings.

No, nobody needs Java 6 I was just guessing maybe you have Java 6 and it messing the Spark.