Spark Shutdown Issue?

I am getting close to deploying Spark in our environment, and I am working with what appears to be the last deployment issue. I have noticed that Spark will cause the computer to hang when shutting down. I have autoLoginEnabled=true in the spark settings file I am pushing to each users profile. I have noticed that if I manually close, then reopen spark after logging into the profile I can shutdown fine. Is this still an issue? Thoughts?

Spark : 2.7.5

#Spark Settings

#Wed Feb 10 12:32:04 CST 2016

server=

ssoEnabled=true

autoLoginEnabled=true

passwordSaved=true

startOnStartup=true

I’m not experiencing this issue in my production environment (Win7 x86 and x64). But i’m not using SSO. Maybe @speedy will have something to say as i think he is using SSO.

I’m not having any problems either. does it hang when you log off, without shutting down? does it hang on a regular user account or an admin account? what version of java are you using?

Admin account. I have not tested logging off I will do that now.

I have the following Java versions on the machine I can reproduce it with:

Java 32bit (8.0.710.15)

Java 64bit (8.0.710.15)

Under the spark directory I have:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Spark\jre\bin>java -version

java version “1.8.0_66”

Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_66-b17)

Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.66-b17, mixed mode)

Logging off will also reproduce the issue. Took away local admin rights the issue still persists. It seems to happen only when I check the start on startup. I may end up testing with a scheduled task to fix this.

So I think turning on “Start in system tray” under the Login settings, has resolved my issue. Not sure why, but it seems to work. More testing is required.

This is strange. Can’t reproduce this.

I am not sure what in my environment causes this. I did download the latest build and the issue remains.