Spark Source Code Now Available!

Hello All,

We are very happy to announce the release of the Spark source code. We have been working very hard to remove most commercial libraries and move a non-open source product ready for open source prime time. For the full story, check out Matts blog at http://www.jivesoftware.com/blog. One of the things I personally would love to see are contributions from the community in terms of plugins, enhancements, and pretty much anything that is just plain cool. I would love to see what people come up with.

Cheers,

Derek

Download Info: http://www.jivesoftware.org/source.jsp

I’‘m no programming expert (although i’‘ll give it a shot), but I’'d love to see someone make spark login automatically using the current windows username and password.

Derek,

I´ll apreciate if Jive release a tar of the src of spark to easy download.

And congratulations for the excelent work! I´ve adopted Spark as my favorite Jabber Client! And I´m currently building a SparkPlug to able Spark make and receive SIP Calls!

TudoMais

TudoMais HomePage

Regards.

Just something I caught trying to build off the source from svn a few minutes ago.

The spark.install4j file in //build/installer seems a bit out of date.

I couldn’'t get it to complete the install4j ant task without making the following changes:

Lines 39 and 40: refrences to …/…/resources/ seem to need to be …/…/src/resources

Line 73: The LICENCE.html is in a directory called documentation not docs

Beyond that it seemed to build the installer correctly… Now to actually try it.

(Edit After trying it)

Also note there are several occurances of com.jivesoftware.

Thanks much. I’'ll make the changes to reflect the refactor.

Cheers,

Derek

Fixed.

Cheers,

Derek

Good job. Thank you provide the source code.

Could you please provide a zip or tar file to download easier?

Thanks.

WildfireBigninner,

Binary distributions as well zip/tar.gz source packages will be made available when the official Spark 2.0 release is out.

Regards,

Matt

hi all,

I failed to build the spark. Can anyone help me on this…

I’'m using JDK 1.5.0_06 and ant 1.6.5.

There are few files that I’'m not allowed to download:

=======================================================

• build_target.bat

• jdic.dll

• tray.dll

• wrapper.dll

• jniwrapper.dll

• startup.bat

• systeminfo.dll

High security alert!!!

You are not permitted to download the file “xxx”.

URL = http://www.jivesoftware.org/fisheye/viewrep/svn-org/spark/trunk/

Below are the error messages generated when I tried to build spark:

=======================================================

D:\sparkDev\trunk\build>ant

Buildfile: build.xml

init:

resources:

base:

Building jar: D:\sparkDev\trunk\target\build\lib\base.jar

build:

Compiling 169 source files to D:\sparkDev\trunk\target\classes

D:\sparkDev\trunk\src\java\org\jivesoftware\spark\Workspace.java:349: insertOthersMessage(java.lang.String,org.jivesoftware.smack.packet.Message) in org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.TranscriptWindow cannot be applied to (java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.util.Date)

room.getTranscriptWindow().insertOthersMessage(nickname, offlineMessage, offlineInformation.getStamp());

^

D:\sparkDev\trunk\src\java\org\jivesoftware\spark\filetransfer\SparkTransferMan ager.java:538: sendFile(org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.OutgoingFileTransfer,java.lang.St ring,java.lang.String) in org.jivesoftware.spark

impl.plugin.filetransfer.transfer.ui.SendMessage cannot be applied to (org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.OutgoingFileTransfer,org.jivesoftware.sma ckx.filetransfer.FileTransferManager,java.lang.String,java.lang.String)

sendingUI.sendFile(transfer, transferManager, presence.getFrom(), contactItem.getNickname());

^

Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

2 errors

BUILD FAILED

Thanks…

Hi Amie,

It looks like the source was not fully downloaded. In your root repository, just do an svn up.

Cheers,

Derek

Hi Derek,

Actually I’‘ve never used SVN before. I’'ve installed TortoiseSVN and

checkout the spark codes. Finally… the spark successfully compiled…

Thanks…

Just checkout’'ed sources but always have problems opening spark.ipr from IntelliJ IDEA - it says spark.iml is missing and after ignoring errors opens absolutely empty project.

Where do I find the source for Spark. I see Smack and Wildfire but nothing for Spark.

Tony

tkoehn wrote:

Where do I find the source for Spark. I see Smack and Wildfire but nothing for Spark.

Tony

http://www.jivesoftware.org/source.jsp

Browse SVN