Spark starts but shows no windows

I’m currently using Spark on a Windows 8.1 laptop for work. Previously I’ve had no issues with Spark and I cannot think of anything that’s changed either software or hardware related in the past few days. No matter which way I choose to open the Spark IM Client (through the Start menu, desktop icon, quick start icon, running as administrator) the same thing always happens. It asks for my login credentials and I log in. After that the task bar button shows and the notification icon shows but that is all. I cannot get to the main window with all the “online/offline” contacts and I cannot access any chat features. Nothing shows up. I’ve restarted the client many times in multiple ways (including using Task manager to end all processes and all the background running instances. Please help, I use this daily for work and it’s very inconvenient not being able to quickly message someone. Thanks!

You can wipe you Spark profile and start with a fresh one. Spark profile is here

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Spark

If you need your history, copy this folder:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Spark\user\username@jservername\transcripts

And copy it back after you start with a fresh profile.

Yes I just did that and it worked. Any idea why that happens?

Don’t know why. But it never happened to me You can try the latest version, maybe it will be more stable http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/artifact/SPARK-INSTALL4J/shared/build-665/Insta ll4j/spark_2_7_0_665.exe

I’ve got everyone on 2.6.3 right now, should I upgrade them all to 2.7? Is it compatible with 3.9.1 Openfire?

It is compatible with Openfire 3.9.1 and newer versions. I suggest first upgrade one or two and check if evrything is fine. 2.7.0 has some changes comparing to 2.6.3. This is some of them: https://igniterealtime.org/issues/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20SPARK%20AND%20reso lution%20%3D%20Fixed%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.7.0%20ORDER%20BY%20status%20DE SC%2C%20priority%20DESC