Spark ver 2.5.8 - Windows 2012 R2 compatible?

Hi, we are getting ready to upgrade our server from Windows 2003 and I want to know if Spark ver. 2.5.7 or 2.5.8 is compatible with Windows 2012 R2 Standard? We have had problems with the newest versions of Spark so we keep running the older one.

Thanks!

Don’t have 2012 R2 here. But its code base should be the same as Windows 8.1. I have just tried 2.5.8 on Win 8.1 x64 and it installs, runs and can even login to Openfire 3.11.0 RC via SSL, which 2.6.3 is not able. You haven’t mentioned in what scenario do you want to use it. Is it some kind of a terminal server? In this case i can’t say how it will work.

What problems did you have and with which version? If it was with 2.6.3, give 2.7.0 a try.

WRoot, thanks for the quick response. We have the server app running on a server and users - both thin clients and fat clients - running the Spark client. It has been working great for years, but now we need to upgrade Windows 2003 Std. Some apps are not compatible with 2012 R2, and because we’re running the older client, I’m even more concerned.

some of the issues with the newer client (2.6.8 and 2.7.0) way be because our server-side app is older - we tried upgrading a year or so ago and had all kinds of problems so I had to revert back to what worked. some of the problems were clients were locking up, Spark would disappear and they’d have to kill the process and re-launch app, or eat up resources.

I’m running Sparks and Openfire with LDAP con Windows Server 2012r2 without issues.