SparkWeb cannot log in

I cannot log in the SparkWeb, have http://www.mydomain.de:8080/sparkweb/index.jspa as Loginadress. But it load yourself to death. It does not pass anything, also no error message. Ask for assistance.

Are there any error messages in Openfire?

Thanks,

Alex

No, there are no Messages. what must i do in the config???

Generally speaking there is nothing you should need to do to the config to get it working. What browser are you using?

i using the Morzilla and Mircosoft IE

And you didn’'t see anything in either the error or warn log files of Openfire?

Thanks,

Alex

There no error message comes,The in goat entry is this

you can login here http://www.dergeileclan.de:8080/sparkweb/index.jspa

user : test

password : test

2007.06.11 23:24:30 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.service(PluginServlet.java:104 )

<address>java.lang.NullPointerException: JID cannot be null</address>

<address>at org.xmpp.packet.JID.<init>(JID.java:215)</address>

<address>at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.enterprise.fastpath.workgroup_002dtext_002dset tings_jsp._jspService(workgroup_002dtext_002dsettings_jsp.java:109)</address& gt;

<address>at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)</address& gt;

<address>at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)</address>

<address>at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.handleJSP(PluginServlet.java: 234)</address>

<address>at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.service(PluginServlet.java:92 )</address>

<address>at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)</address>

<address>at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:491)</addr ess>

<address>at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1074)</address>

<address>at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:69)</address& gt;

<address>at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1065)</address>

<address>at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:98)</ad dress>

<address>at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1065)</address>

<address>at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)</address>

<address>at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52) </address>

<address>at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:65)</address&g t;

<address>at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:41)</address>

<address>at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:69)</address& gt;

<address>at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:98)</ad dress>

<address>at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)</ad dress>

<address>at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:185)< /address>

<address>at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)</ad dress>

<address>at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:689)</ad dress>

<address>at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:391)</addre ss>

<address>at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:146)</address>

<address>at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)& lt;/address>

<address>at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)</ad dress>

<address>at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)</address>

<address>at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:457)</add ress>

<address>at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.j ava:751)</address>

<address>at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:500)</address>

<address>at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:203)</address&gt ;

<address>at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:357)</address&gt ;

<address>at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:329)&lt ;/address>

<address>at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:475) </address>

Message was edited by: Constan85

Thus, with a Windows server functions it however not with a Linux server. I need however this for a Linux server.

If you used the RPM to install on Linux, you are running into the following issue:

JM-1074

Which has been fixed.

Thanks,

Alex

I use the RPM, like can I then the expenditure download and where must be copied (sry I am noob)

Its perfectly fine to use the RPM, its very easy to get Openfire up and running using it The issue is with how we build the RPM it is missing a directory. It is possible to retrieve this directory from our svn repository here:

http://svn.igniterealtime.org/svn/repos/openfire/trunk/src/spank/

Put this directory under your Openfire resources directory and you should be good to go at that point. Let me know if you need any more assistance.

Alex

Ok one, if I understood that correctly am I the index HTML here to replace

/opt/openfire/plugins/sparkweb

and the web.xml here

/opt/openfire/plugins/sparkweb/WEB-INF

I unfortunately do not have made functioned however, the same problem.

no, these files do not go in SparkWeb but Openfire. If you look in the openfire directory you will find a directory “resources”, under that directory, create a directory called “spank” in it, place those files. You will also need to revert the SparkWeb plugin.

Let me know how it goes,

Alex

Ok one, if I understood that correctly am I the index HTML here to copy

/opt/openfire/resources/spark/

and the web.xml here

/opt/openfire/resources/spark/WEB-INF

And how can I switch (revert) now SparkWeb plugin?

that is /opt/openfire/resources/spank/ not /opt/openfire/resources/spark/ replace the r with an n. You can rever the SparkWeb plugin by downloading it again from our website.

Alex

Ok one functioned simply the files of the Windowsserver copy and then chmod on daemon set it. Importantly, Openfire servers thereafter start again also ./openfire restart

lol, now I must only the other problems in seized to get.

Thx for youre help.

why does it go with Windows? but with Linux not?

Message was edited by: Constan85

It was just a matter of an error we introduced when making the RPM build which caused those files not be copied. It will be fixed in the next version of Openfire so it will work identically on Windows and Linux.

Thanks,

Alex

Thanks. It is working after I got the spank directory from the Windows version. When do you expect a fixed RPM will be available?