Sparkweb for red5, can we use it for our red5 standalone server

We already have red5 standalone server and cannot use red5 plugin for openfire. As mentioned in another discussion, only one red5 standalone server per box.

Your sparkweb is much better than the standard sparkweb. Could we copy openfire/plugins/red5/sparkweb, the sparkweb directory over to our red5 standalone server and have it working. Kind of like how we can do this with the fastpath/webchat plugin for openfire.

You can copy openfire/plugins/red5/sparkweb over to the standalone red5 server, but the additional red5 features will not work.

You could install the red5 plugin for openfire and disable the embedded red5 server by removing the section in red below in web.xml

log4jConfigLocation /WEB-INF/log4j.properties org.red5.server.war.WarLoaderServlet
 <listener>
     <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.request.RequestContextListener< /listener-class>
 </listener>
gateway org.red5.server.net.servlet.AMFGatewayServlet 1 rtmpt org.red5.server.net.rtmpt.RTMPTServlet 2 gateway /gateway rtmpt /open/* rtmpt /idle/* rtmpt /send/* rtmpt /close/* login.html index.html index.htm

You would then have to copy over java class files for the SIP application. The red5 standalone server has the default oflaDemo application so red5 audio/video calls should work fine.

Dele,

thank you for your incredible knowledge. I will try it and keep you posted in this discussion.

Dele,

I will try your option #2, enable in openfire. I really love the additional features red5 sparkweb offers.

As per your suggestion “You would then have to copy over java class files for the SIP application.” Where would one find these java class files and to copy where in the red5 standalone server? under the new copied sparkweb folder?

As for “The red5 standalone server has the default oflaDemo application so red5 audio/video calls should work fine.”, so your audio and video will not work?

For spark red5 plugin, will it work in spark?

Dele,

I see you are another discussion forum for red5 and you were talking about red5phone (http://www.nabble.com/Nellymoser-decoder-on-Java-…-td21484943.html). With what I trying to do this plugin for red5 will work with your red5 sparkweb phone?

I have been able to use red5 sparkweb and our red5 standalone server. I’d commented out the red content that was posted above. I am using red5-0.1.08.zip. The only thing not working is fastpath. I have created another discussion about this.

Dele,

for Spark, I have red5 plugin installed. Did the changes you’ve suggestioned in this post.

In sparks, main menu Red5

1/ Open Audio/Video Roster - works

2/ Red5 Message Playback - not working. Error “unable to connec to RTMP server: rtmp:oflaDemo”. I just installed oflaDemo in Red5 standalone installer and restart red5 standalone but still getting message. any suggestions?

3/ Public Desktop Screen - it is going to our desktop screen software that is from another application on Red5 standalone server

In Sparks, right click on contact

1/ Add/Remove Video Roster - works

2/ Send Video Message - same error as above #2

3/ Public Destop Screen - works

I think rmtp:/oflaDemo has to be changed in Openfire under Red5 Properties. Any suggestions?