powered by Jive Software

SparkWeb - how to send messages?

Hi,

I’'m just trying Wildfire Enterprise with Spark Web…

When I double click on a contact, type a message and hit ENTER,

the message is not sent, and the cursor just jump a line!

So I’'ve noted a JavaScript error: thetab has no properties!

What’'s wrong?

Which version of SparkWeb are you using? What browser are you using?

Thanks,

Alex

SparkWeb: 1.0.0 beta 1 (the first release)

Browsers: Firefox 1.5.0 and Internet Explorer 6

Can you update to the latest release and let me know if you are still having issues?

Well,

I’'m with the latest: Wildfire Enterprise 3.2.2 and Spark Web 1.0.0 beta 2, and I still get the same error:

On Firefox 2.0:

thetab has no properties!

on this line:

thistab.setText(thistab.text*" (“this.newMessages[jid]”)");},clearNotification:function(jid){var thetab=this.getTabByJID(jid);if(thetab.textEl){thetab.textEl.removeClass(’‘jive -notify’’).removeClass(’‘flashNotify’’);thetab.setText(thetab.text.replace(/ (\d*)$/,’’’’));}

getEl(currTextArea) has no properties!

on this line:

jive.spank.notifier.doTitleNotify();},clearAllNotifications:function(){var blinkers=getEls(’’#’‘this.bodyId’’ span.jive-notify’’);blinkers.removeClass(’‘jive-notify’’);window.clearInterval( this.notificationInterval);this.notificationInterval=null;blinkers.removeClass(’ ‘flashNotify’’);this.newMessages={};jive.spank.notifier.doTitleNotify();},getMes sage:function(){var thetab=this.getTabs()?this.getTabs().active:this._tabIfSingleTab();var currTabId=thetab.id.split("-");currTabId[3]=“text”;var currTextArea=currTabId.join("-");return getEl(currTextArea).dom.value;},getActiveTabJID:function(){var thetab=this.getTabs()?this.getTabs().active:this._tabIfSingleTab();return thetab.id.split("-")[2];},getTabJID:function(id){var thetab=this.getTabs()?this.getTabs().getTab(id):this._tabIfSingleTab();return thetab.id.split("-")[2];},getTabs:function(){var regions=this.dialog.getLayout().regions;return regions[“center”].getTabs();},getTabByJID:function(jid){var guys=this.getTabs();if(guys!=null){var tabb=guys.items[’‘jive-tab-’‘jid’’-layout’’];return(typeof tabb==’‘undefined’’)?null:tabb;}

what could it be?

no answer?

I’‘m still with the same problem: can’'t send messages through SparkWeb!

I was experiencing a similar issue on IE but not on firefox so I am not sure what is different about your deployment then others. Perhaps, try when the next version is released and let me know if there is any difference.

Thanks,

Alex

I’'ve upgraded to version 1.0.0 beta3, and still get the same javascript error on IE and Firefox!

getEl(currTextArea) has no properties:

jive.spank.notifier.doTitleNotify();},clearAllNotifications:function(){var blinkers=getEls(’’#’‘this.bodyId’’ span.jive-notify’’);blinkers.removeClass(’‘jive-notify’’);window.clearInterval( this.notificationInterval);this.notificationInterval=null;blinkers.removeClass(’ ‘flashNotify’’);this.newMessages={};jive.spank.notifier.doTitleNotify();},getMes sage:function(){var thetab=this.getTabs()?this.getTabs().active:this._tabIfSingleTab();var currTabId=thetab.id.split("-");currTabId[3]=“text”;var currTextArea=currTabId.join("-");return getEl(currTextArea).dom.value;},getActiveTabJID:function(){var thetab=this.getTabs()?this.getTabs().active:this._tabIfSingleTab();return thetab.id.split("-")[2];},getTabJID:function(id){var thetab=this.getTabs()?this.getTabs().getTab(id):this._tabIfSingleTab();return thetab.id.split("-")[2];},getTabs:function(){var regions=this.dialog.getLayout().regions;return regions[“center”].getTabs();},getTabByJID:function(jid){var guys=this.getTabs();if(guys!=null){var tabb=guys.items[’‘jive-tab-’‘jid’’-layout’’];if(!tabb){tabb=guys.items[’‘jive-tab-’‘jid’’-spinner’’]}

Hi,

it may be possible that old javascripts are cached by the browser. This should not be the case of course but one could try another user within Firefox or clear the cache if ther is one.

LG

I’'m having this problem as well. Any solution yet?

We have the latest build (build 4) and still cannot send messages. I’‘ll probably followup with and email to support since I do not see an answer to these question on this thread. SparkWeb does receive messages from other clients (even in conferences) but cannot reply back. puts a newline in the message but doesn’'t send as I suspect. Is there a sequence of keys we must use to send a message?

Could we start a new thread? And could you outline your browser configuration, if you are seeing any errors in the browser, etc.

Please feel free to start a new thread if you like. I think the problem has been solved (well… at least determined for now). Apparently, Spark Web does not like dashes “-” in the jids. Our servername was something like jive-01.dev, so our jid was mchilds@jive-01.dev. Once removed the dash as recommended, it works fine. A bug was supposedly opened for this issue. We are working with build 4.