SQL error on OpenFire 3.4.0 b2 and GW 1.2.0 alfa 2

I receive this error

in Error.log

2007.10.19 15:54:09 org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.util.Log4JToOpenfireAppender.append(Log4JToOpe nfireAppender.java:49)

java.sql.SQLException: Invalid object name ‘gatewayAvatars’.

and in warn log

2007.10.19 15:54:10 Error occured while processing packet:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.util.Base64.decode(Base64.java:962)

at org.jivesoftware.util.Base64.decode(Base64.java:944)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.handleVCardTemp(BaseTransport.j ava:658)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:521)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:167)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager$RoutableComponent. process(InternalComponentManager.java:497)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.RoutingTableImpl.routePacket(RoutingTableImpl.jav a:234)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:300)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:100)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:67)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.processIQ(StanzaHandler.java:303)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processIQ(ClientStanzaHandler .java:78)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:268)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:167)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:132)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:570)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:58)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:162)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :240)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:284)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

after client login.

(OpenFire 3.4.0. beta 2 without clustering, GW 1.2.0 Alpha 2 on W2k3 server)

Have i maked an error during the DB upgrade?. The procedure was successfull completed.

thanks

Aww crap! I didn’t create the db structures for anything but mysql! facepalm And of course I’m at work right now so I can’t look at it right this moment. =( I’ll try to get an alpha 3 to fix this out asap!

I just built a new version (alpha 3) that Gato is making available in a bit here that includes all of the proper database pieces. My apologies!

thanks !

Have try to update manually the database.

I suppose there is an error in the DB script.

Parameter:

imageData BLOB NOT NULL produce the following error:

Msg 2715, Level 16, State 7, Line 2

Column, parameter, or variable #2: Cannot find data type BLOB.

What kind of data type should be imageData in sqlServer (MS-Sql)?

Hrm. I thought I was seeing BLOB as a valid type for sqlserver. Any ideas on what would be the appropriate column type there? I found some docs on server 2000 that seem to indicate sqlserver actually has the TEXT data type which would be good. (or NTEXT) If you wouldn’t mind, try creating the table using one of those instead and let me know how it goes?

It seems to be ok with NTEXT. The script is completed without errors. The log file of Openfire is clear. (What is the scope of this table ?)

Do you know when we can download the 3.4.0 beta 2 source code for compiling our custom plugins ?

Can the gateway plugin handle VCards icons ? After upgrade the database i have a warning:

2007.10.21 18:23:34 Error occured while processing packet:

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.handleVCardTemp(BaseTransport.j ava:658)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:521)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:167)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager$RoutableComponent. process(InternalComponentManager.java:497)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.RoutingTableImpl.routePacket(RoutingTableImpl.jav a:234)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:67)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.processIQ(StanzaHandler.java:303)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processIQ(ClientStanzaHandler .java:78)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:132)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:570)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:58)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:162)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :240)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:284)

Thanks

I created a couple of issues to track fixing those scripts. =)

As for the vcard NPE, hrm… yes it’s -supposed- to be working. Is there any debug log info before that?

i cannot find a way to attache the log file in this message.

So i send you only a part of both error and warn log. (They contain the whole login procedure from a new session.)

If you want the whole logs please let me know how i can put file here or give me an email address.

Error.log of OpenFire

2007.10.23 07:42:50 MSN: Session messageReceived for kikonomidis@hotmail.com : QNG 45

2007.10.23 07:42:56 EXCEPTION

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Inbound closed before receiving peer’s close_notify: possible truncation attack?

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.fatal(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.fatal(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.closeInbound(Unknown Source)

at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SslHttpChannelEndPoint.fill(SslHttpChannelEndPoint.j ava:448)

at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SslHttpChannelEndPoint.fill(SslHttpChannelEndPoint.j ava:200)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:282)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:205)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381)

at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)

at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)

2007.10.23 07:42:56 EOF

2007.10.23 07:43:01 Received iq packet: <iq id=“agsXMPP_78” type=“get” to="************%hotmail.com@msn.ipxgate.com" from="kikonomidis@ipxgate.com/MyMoo"><vCard xmlns=“vcard-temp”/></iq>

2007.10.23 07:43:35 session 16 timeout

2007.10.23 07:43:35 session 16 sent message PNG

warn.log of OpenFire

2007.10.23 07:37:58 Error or result packet could not be delivered

<iq from="************@gmail.com" to="kikonomidis@ipxgate.com/MyMoo" id=“agsXMPP_62” type=“result”>

<vCard xmlns=“vcard-temp”>

<FN>********************</FN>

</vCard>

</iq>

2007.10.23 07:37:59 SipMemberEvents: getTelNrOfMember: DB long execution dbTime: 15 Member: kikonomidis@ipxgate.com,ip: 10.30.120.29,Port: 5060,Cmd: /R ConnTime: 0 execTime: 15 resultTime: 0

2007.10.23 07:43:01 Error occured while processing packet:

Unfortunately, it’s the debug logs that would be most helpful, and you have to enable them in the admin console under Logs. None of these exceptions look like they are related to the gateway plugin.

i send you the debug log in your email

hope it help you

It did indeed. =) BTW I was mistaken before, I completely missed the part of the debug log you posted that had gateway info in it. I believe I have fixed this for the next 1.2 release.