SQL Provider for users and auth

I’m trying to integrate openfire with a small application that we use.

This apps store users and password with md5 hash in a small mysql database. So, I follow steps in documentation to integrate to sql authentication.

But, everytime that I try to connect password fails. When I start openfire, I see this warn:

Property ‘provider.auth.className’ as specified in openfire.xml differs from what is stored in the database. Please make property changes in the database instead of openfire.xml.

Property ‘provider.user.className’ as specified in openfire.xml differs from what is stored in the database. Please make property changes in the database instead of openfire.xml.

Anyone know what this means?

Nobody? What is happen with this community? Hello? Any one can share infos with me?

I’ve been trying to get the same info for a couple weeks now with no response unfortunately…

Unfortunately we don’t have support!

Maybe we can contact developers to obtain some assistance for this issue… or no?

I ran into the same problem and figured out that 3.0.6 doesn’t just rely on the openfire.xml file anymore but stores the same properties in the database. You will need to open the admin console and click on System Properties. You will then need to set the provider.auth.className property to org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.JDBCAuthProvider and the provider.user.className property to org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.JDBCAuthProvider. You should probably restart openfire for good measure. Also make sure that the openfire.xml file is writable by the openfire user. Why they read and write the same properties to two different locations is beyond me.

Good luck!

Per

BTW: You can edit these properties directly in the database within the ofProperty table instead of using the admin console.