SRV record support?

Found another thing that I wanted to mention. I have SRV records setup to allow the server to be available from outside, but it doesn’‘t look like Spark is using the xmpp-client.tcp. record to connect. It’'s not a big deal, I can tell people who are connecting remotely to use the hostname as well. But I did want to mention it.

Spark rocks!

I put in the domain portion of the JID under server and it appears to be using the SRV records and it connected without having to specify the actual server. It does seem a little strange in that it doesn’'t just ask for the JID, but it appears to find the server correctly.

Yep, it does indeed use SRV if you just enter the username and JID. But, I agree, it might be clearer if you just type in the address (JID) and password.

-Matt

Hi,

I can login using SRV record but when I try to add a contact by typing just the username, the complete host name of the IM server is appended as the JID. Is this really the case?

Good to know… maybe my SRV records are incorrect. Anyone willing to look at the SRV records for kitetechgroup.com and see if they look okay?

I can login using SRV record but when I try to add a

contact by typing just the username, the complete

host name of the IM server is appended as the JID.

Is this really the case?

So, the SRV lookup is correct but then Spark is using the wrong server name for things like adding contacts?

Regards,

Matt