Startup error on openfire

Hello, hope somebody can help me with this problem, i been searching the forums and none of the threads found has the same problem, i was running openfire on a PC with WinXP the computer apparently hot frozen, and has to be restarted afther that, i opened openfire program to star the service and get this error:

Database setup or configuration error: Please verify your database settings and check the logs/error.log file for detailed error messages.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: error in script file line: 37006 java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Unexpected end of command
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.verifyDataSource(XMPPServer.java:710)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:427)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.(XMPPServer.java:161)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:106)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:51)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: error in script file line: 37006 java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Unexpected end of command
at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.getConnection(DbConnectionManager .java:124)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.verifyDataSource(XMPPServer.java:698)
… 16 more
Error iniciando el servidor. Por favor vea los archivos de log para obtener más información
Server halted

Can anybody help me to solve this problem, i worse thing is that i dont have any backup of the DB, im using the DB the comes integrated with openfire, i would love to solve this problem without losing any data on server.

Thanks to all.

You change your database password ?

No, i havent move anything on files and nothing, computer got frozen and restarted, after that i starting getting that message.

Thanks.

You use SQL server or Mysql, which version ? post much information as possible about your problem.

Im using the database manager that comes with openfire, im not using any third program.

restart openfire services, you’ve be try this ?

Yes i´ve restarted the computer, stop the openfire program and then restart and keep getting same error, i was wondering if i can uninstalla the server , then reinstall it, but i dont know if i can copy the database and then just paste it?

Thanks

maybe work, but I never installed the database integrated openfire even more for being too limited. but if you need help for a new installation please let me know.

that thing is that i dont know what files do i need to copy to later paste them.

Another question do you have any idea on whats going on with the error i posted?

Thanks.

Database setup or configuration error: Please verify your database settings and check the logs/error.log file for detailed error messages.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries

The application dont conect with database, simple.

ok let see, thats means that openfire cant connect because, database is damage, database password change, or what else?

because as you see there are some problem at certain line is that ok?

i´ve unistalled the openfire reinstalled and paste that database copy i´ve made and have the same error.

Thanks.

Do so, perform a new installation with a new database and then copy the old database.

If the original database is damaged there is little that can be done to fix it. I would strongly recommend using an external db (MySQL) if you need to strat over. With an external database you can configure backup jobs to run nightly so you always have a backup to recover from.

i have fixed dude!!!, i think the problem was this:

people was using the openfireserver when computer got frozen, the database was incomplete so if you can see there was an error on line 37060 that is the last line generated at that time, so i erased it and also erase all the lines that were in blank after that line that were a lot, and restart service and worked fine

Thanks a lot really preciate you time.

Sounds to me like it was really no big deal then hu? The error could have been left alone? or was it causing issues? I have the same error but honestly, I am not sure what you did to resolve it.

Any more details?