Still have groups management problem

Using Gateway IM plugin v1.0b5, I still can’'t manage groups.

I’'m using Psi or iChat as Jabber client, and Wildfire v3.1.1

First of all, I have too many groups by defaults, even some I’'m sure I never created (ROOTJKSHFOEIZNGIOEOP).

The worse is I cant move contacts out of these groups, I put them in the Default group, which seem to work fine, but next time I log in, everything is reset. This is global for all protocols.

Anybody has this issue ?

ybizeul wrote:

Using Gateway IM plugin v1.0b5, I still can’'t manage groups.

I’'m using Psi or iChat as Jabber client, and Wildfire v3.1.1

First of all, I have too many groups by defaults, even some I’'m sure I never created (ROOTJKSHFOEIZNGIOEOP).

chuckle Well the plugin didn’‘t create that. It came from your yahoo group list. It’'s possible some other client you used (or transport) created that for you. Perhaps because you created a conflicting group entry and it tried to cope by creating something random?

The worse is I cant move contacts out of these groups, I put them in the Default group, which seem to work fine, but next time I log in, everything is reset. This is global for all protocols.

Are you sure you have tried this with MSN? I fixed this functionality for MSN (and only MSN) for beta 5. It is known not to work well with Yahoo and AIM/ICQ so far. See GATE-124 and GATE-125.

I have also thought that there are some problems with ICQ groups, but when I launched the official ICQ client, I saw that my Miranda contacts were out of sync with the server-side contact list. When I rearranged the contacts the right way using the official ICQ client, they appeared correctly with Gateway as well. BTW, not all “official” clients were able to fix the contacts (the web and flash-based ICQ clients did not help, I had to use the installable full-featured ICQ client).

HTH,

Filip

fkonvick wrote:

I have also thought that there are some problems with ICQ groups, but when I launched the official ICQ client, I saw that my Miranda contacts were out of sync with the server-side contact list. When I rearranged the contacts the right way using the official ICQ client, they appeared correctly with Gateway as well. BTW, not all “official” clients were able to fix the contacts (the web and flash-based ICQ clients did not help, I had to use the installable full-featured ICQ client).

Clients suck in that regard… =( Many of them (both official and not official) will just store the changes locally and not worry with the server side stuff. Others will do only server side. That said, it is a little strange that the web and flash ICQ clients couldn’‘t change the groups as theoretically they don’‘t have a local place to store your contact list do they? (maybe they do, who knows) Anyway, there’'s a lot of leeway in server side vs not server side. =/